View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 08:23 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

The problem is that any insecticide labelled as "systemic" was banned in Canada for consumer retail somewhere around 2002 or 2003 (IIRC). Industrial users are still able to use it but as stated you need to have a commercial license to be able to buy it from Bayer (and even at that there is some question about the future because there are petitions afoot to have those banned, as the active ingredient, imidacloprid, has been implicated with the troubles facing bees).

Anyhow so yeah, I saw this and was very intrigued myself. I'm all for a method of pest control, but my concern here is the disposal of the used water in the end. If we're just pouring it down the drain, how much of the active ingredient is becoming exposed to the environment and having an effect that we might not want to be happening?