Thread: Pop up
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 12:57 AM

rayjay is on a distinguished road

First off, I'll be 74 next month and have mild cognitive impairment so with my limited knowledge of working computers I won't be attempting the things suggested by gregzz4 but thanks anyway. I've screwed up things a few times even when I thought I was doing something within my range of capabilities.
However, I DID download the hijack and spybot.
With the hijack, it comes up with a bunch of lines I have no idea what they are, and not knowing what will happen I don't want to check the lines and have it do what it will and find out I'll have to start all over again. Most of the lines at the end say something missing.
With the spybot, after installation it needed to update, but it appears to be stalled out partway through the update. I shut it down and clicked update again but it keeps stalling out. It's been over two hours, going on three, and no progress that I can see.

Forgot to mention, I don't allow cookies to be set without my allowing each of them. I have the settings on Chrome to block sites from setting any data, and block all 3rd party cookies and data.
I periodically go through the cookies and site data, removing any that may be set without my intention from sites like the forums I visit as I don't allow any others to set cookies. (well, other than google)

Last edited by rayjay; 01-02-2017 at 01:09 AM.