View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 06:53 AM

coralor is on a distinguished road

The new Peninsula DT is ordered!! Dimensions are 56" L x 34" W x 25.5" H. Low iron glass on the 3 viewing sides.
The stand is metal and will be 37" H with a 9" segment on the wall end that leaves room for the bean animal overflow to go down thru to (and over) the sump. (Hope that's enough room for me to work with the drains...)
The overflow will be a coast to coast with the 3 drains outside and 2 returns on the outermost edges. For flow I'm going with a Fluval SP4 return pump and a Maxspect Gyre fx250 or 280 situated on the middle of the overflow.
The 75 gal sump design is still being tweaked, but quiet everything is the primary concern without compromising flow.
Lighting will be ATI either 2 -4x bulb or 1 -8x bulb with up to 6 Kessil 160's in the middle or outsides respectively.
Two 300 watt heaters, a 25W UV sterilizer, JNS skimmer, GFO and CO2 scrubber since I believe our wood stove that we use all the time now with the cold weather contributes to my declining pH and alkalinity. And a 4 head dosing pump.
Am I forgetting anything?
The switch over will be interesting. Needs to be done in a matter of hours and the new tank and stand are going exactly where the old 105 g plus sump are, so I'm all ears if anyone has any advice. I plan on getting some huge rubbermaids and placing in a heater plus powerhead for flow. Do I need to be concerned about Oxygen levels for the fish/corals? The transfer may take at least 24 hours and I have a lot of SPS in particular. I wasn't planning on using an air stone but should I?
And probably all new sand. Rinsed with ro/di but not necessarily all added at the same time so as not to create too much murkiness. (However, I do have a Vortech diatom remover I could use to keep particulates lower if need be...)
I will be moving out a lot of the coral beforehand to my 80 gal frag tank downstairs just in case.