View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 08:53 PM

element291 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadali View Post
How many gallon is that long tank under the dosing pump
I built that last year have a breeding pair of cinnamon clowns and a few corals that my angels in the 280 pic at.

Specs are

Tank Height = 12"
Tank Width = 12"
Tank Length = 48 "
Glass Thickness = 1/4"
Approximate Gallons = 30

Further on my pump/water flow issue ***

Good example of this I just got home from work, looked at my tank checked out all my corals the water level was bang on same as I left 7 hours ago.
I went down stairs checked out my sump room, pet my cat for 2 minutes and in that 2 minutes when I walked back upstairs, AFTER TOUCHING NOTHING AT ALL only observing, walk up the stairs and I could already hear the gargling.
Tank is 1/8th inch low than normal and this causes the overflow box to gargle.

I run downstairs and my sump is 1/4" above the normal running water line which makes sense its that water that SHOULD be upstairs!
My pump im telling you has a mind of its own or something I am not seeing is going on with this design...

Nothing was touched, nothing changed, but just now, like every 2-3 days this will happen.... I am still hearing the gargling as I type this message and I don't even bother to go turn my gate valve closed a bit on the overflow line because I know in an hour or so the pump will decide to go back to how strong it was all day and I will have my water level going to high upstairs due to my slight closing of that gate valve. So I leave it alone and after an hour sometimes more sometimes less the thing will equalize again....

Very annoying I wish I could figure this out without spending another $600 on a second pump.

Last edited by element291; 12-08-2016 at 08:59 PM.