Thread: Red Sea No3 Po4
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 06:06 PM

Tankboy is on a distinguished road

I think my situation is a good example of how this product works.

Due to my own mistakes and having a test kit that was no good....I discovered that my nitrates were at 100+ppm on the reef tank and 60-80ppm on the seahorse tank. We have been dosing both tanks as per the instructions and I am happy to say that my nitrates as of yesterday are at close to zero and phosphates are still too high at .10 on the reef tank and we are no longer dosing the seahorse tank as we have reached near zero nitrates and .05 phosphates.
This has taken a long time! We are into month 3 of dosing with NOPOX. You have to follow the instructions and be patient. My numbers took forever to move but once they did, they fell quite rapidly.

I adjusted the skimmer to skim a very wet tea and pretty much every day we had foam coming out of the vent holes. Not overflowing, but building mini snowmen of foam, on the lid if the collection cup. Emptied the skimmer every second day or daily as needed.

There was no ill effects to my SPS, but sitting in such high nitrates, the corals were not happy to begin with! They are growing more rapidly now, much better polyp extension and show better color. I suffered no losses throughout this high nitrate spike or during the dosing process.
I am very happy with the results of this product.
125 gallon Oceanic mixed reef, Maxspect 150, MP 40QD x 2, EShopps 300R Refugium, Vertex 180i Skimmer, 2x Kessil AP700's, JBJ ATO with Advanced Acrylics ATO reservoir, Apex Next Gen with Neptune dosing pumps....and a bunch of other stuff including a lot of joy...and equal amounts of frustration!

Last edited by Tankboy; 12-02-2016 at 06:13 PM.