Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lately, things are a bit hostile in the forum! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98277)

mrhasan 06-08-2013 04:09 AM

Lately, things are a bit hostile in the forum!

Well I couldn't help noticing that I am seeing a lot of hostility among hobbyist regarding many reasons, most noticeable being issues related to "prices".

Is it only me or has anyone else noticed that? :razz:

Is it something "seasonal"? Or just a new uprising? Sometimes, I am even scared to post in this forum now-a-days and always think like 100 times before posting any sort of price.

Skimmerking 06-08-2013 04:36 AM

well if you don't want to post then don't post. Really if you are scared for someone posting here don't go on the board.

mrhasan 06-08-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skimmer King (Post 824164)
well if you don't want to post then don't post. Really if you are scared for someone posting here don't go on the board.

This is what I was talking about :wink:

Coralgurl 06-08-2013 04:45 AM

If you are referring to my thread on pricing, it was started out of curiosity, not to bash anyone's pricing. I've read every post and each point made is a good one. There's no hostility there.

I love finding good deals here as does everyone else. I haven't taken offense to anyone's post as I don't think any was intended.

mrhasan 06-08-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coralgurl (Post 824168)
If you are referring to my thread on pricing, it was started out of curiosity, not to bash anyone's pricing. I've read every post and each point made is a good one. There's no hostility there.

I love finding good deals here as does everyone else. I haven't taken offense to anyone's post as I don't think any was intended.

Oh no no nooooooo. I am sorry if I have sent out the wrong sign :(

I meant about some of the bashing that has been happening recently about "high prices" and things similar to that. By no mean I referred to your post. Really sorry if my post came out wrong :(

The Grizz 06-08-2013 04:52 AM

Everybody has there own idea of what things are worth, some of us that have been in the hobby for a while usuall ask half of what items are worth new. Then there is the fact that everyone has there own opinion weither right or wrong but the hostility is just the way this world seems to be going.

Nano 06-08-2013 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 824172)
Oh no no nooooooo. I am sorry if I have sent out the wrong sign :(

I meant about some of the bashing that has been happening recently about "high prices" and things similar to that. By no mean I referred to your post. Really sorry if my post came out wrong :(

I hear ya raied I was recently told via pm that I have no business being here cause I don't currently have a tank. Among other "nice" things. The way I look at it is if you don't feed into it people just quit. Theyre desperate for any interaction be it positive or negative. I just try to ignore it. I may banter back once or twice but then I think are they worth it? No they aren't.

Nano 06-08-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 824173)
Everybody has there own idea of what things are worth, some of us that have been in the hobby for a while usuall ask half of what items are worth new. Then there is the fact that everyone has there own opinion weither right or wrong but the hostility is just the way this world seems to be going.

I blame video games :razz::wink:

Skimmerking 06-08-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 824165)
This is what I was talking about :wink:

Hmmmmmmmm really please explain

Aquattro 06-08-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 824176)
I hear ya raied I was recently told via pm that I have no business being here cause I don't currently have a tank.

Reporting such things to staff might be a good idea. Then staff can get hostile too :)