Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pets..... (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96058)

Dearth 03-24-2013 03:55 PM

Pets.....

So how many of you have problems with your pets interacting with your tanks...

I have a 3 cats of which i have one that loves to drink the water from my tank turns out cats filter SW extremely well and no matter what I do to make her stop she finds a new way to access the water. Well this morning I woke up to loud sounds coming from my living room with lots of scrambling and water splashing run into the living room to find my cat half in half out of the water staring at me in wide eyed fear?anger?rage?

She finally got out of the tank and ran off to lick her wounds and upon close inspection of my tank found that aside from missing some water nothing was moved out of place no coral lost no rocks moved and more importantly no stressed fish. After sorting through everything and topping up the water found that my cat appears to of moved the shield I had made to get at the water. From there it appears she contorted herself to access the water where at this point she fell in and the panic commenced.

Again I ask does anybody else have pets that cause so much trouble....

reefgirl189 03-24-2013 04:03 PM

Does a husband count? My man is the reason everything in the tank is so overfed. The fish love him though :biggrin:.

Zoaelite 03-24-2013 04:09 PM

I feel your pain, do you also find yourself filtering cat hair out of your water change water?

Dearth 03-24-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoaelite (Post 805196)
I feel your pain, do you also find yourself filtering cat hair out of your water change water?

Yuppers just one of the joys of owning pets they never tell you about......

zum14 03-24-2013 04:14 PM

I am going to watch this one and see if any good ideas pop up. I'm not salty yet but my cat is just about swimming in my sump already. She seems to enjoy water which could be trouble.

allie_san 03-24-2013 04:21 PM

Maybe that experience alone will cure her.
My cat used to love playing with water until he fell in the tub a few years ago, now he's afraid to death of it. He wont wont go anywhere near the tank.

Dearth 03-24-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allie_san (Post 805201)
Maybe that experience alone will cure her.
My cat used to love playing with water until he fell in the tub a few years ago, now he's afraid to death of it. He wont wont go anywhere near the tank.

Nope she is back up there drinking the water already

allie_san 03-25-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dearth (Post 805202)
Nope she is back up there drinking the water already

Double sided tape perhaps? Cats hate that. Haha

Corbin 03-26-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allie_san (Post 805407)
Double sided tape perhaps? Cats hate that. Haha

haha and would be fun for you to watch.