Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LF nudibranch---I'm overrun with apistasia (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94772)

Earthgirl 02-16-2013 04:50 AM

LF nudibranch---I'm overrun with apistasia

Yup
Its bad
Looking for some who breeds them
Thanks so much in advance!

monocus 02-16-2013 05:49 AM

berghia

there is a guy in alberta-not sure if he's around edmonton or calgary that breeds them.if you still have a problem finding them i have some,but your shipping is around $40

michaelis88 02-16-2013 08:39 AM

what kind of nudi do you have exactly? im looking for something for my aptasia aswell

monocus 02-16-2013 02:16 PM

berghia

berghia-all they eat is aptasia

paddyob 02-16-2013 03:27 PM

This is an expensive route that never worked for me.

You need dozens to make any ground. From the breeder here...

"you need two tanks. First breed them and then when you have lots, add to your display. If you don't do this you will never see them again. "

I added two directly to my display. Never saw them again and never reduced aptasia at all.

It is a very slow process if it does help.

Maybe consider peppermint shrimp first. Or a file fish if you can.

After spending $40 on two nudis I'll never try them again.

Oilers 02-16-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddyob (Post 793729)
This is an expensive route that never worked for me.

You need dozens to make any ground. From the breeder here...

"you need two tanks. First breed them and then when you have lots, add to your display. If you don't do this you will never see them again. "

I added two directly to my display. Never saw them again and never reduced aptasia at all.

It is a very slow process if it does help.

Maybe consider peppermint shrimp first. Or a file fish if you can.

After spending $40 on two nudis I'll never try them again.

I think two is not enough. I bought 4 for $60 and the aptasia was wiped out within a week. You can try PM themastr (Erick). Last time he told me he would have some in Feb. I have tried peppermint shrimp and filefish as well but found the nudis to be the most effective.

Mega 02-16-2013 05:36 PM

Just get peppermint shrimps. I remembered I bought 5 for my 75g and it took them out in 3 weeks. But you will have to decrease your feeding by half. Sometimes I skip a day of feeding for my fish.

michaelis88 02-16-2013 09:34 PM

I have one peppermint shrimp in my 50g tank with one aptasia, he never even come out, guess I was feeding little over. Also, that one aptasia is getting bigger and bigger. Really scary if that one explode then crash my tank just like my last 26g tank.

Earthgirl 02-16-2013 10:42 PM

I've done the file fish and shrimp (though they never do well with me)
I've done the same thing paddy except my hubby bought 2 for 80 from a store in edmonton
Never ever saw them again
And no change
Maybe I'll have to order cause I would like 4-6 but I'm not paying $40 a piece!

reef_rookie 02-17-2013 02:57 AM

Steve at RedCoral was trying to raise them. Not sure if he is selling any yet, but worth a call for sure.