Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   start from scratch and add fish coral and all in a day. (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93372)

acepumping 01-10-2013 04:58 AM

start from scratch and add fish coral and all in a day.

Hey. Just wonderin about starting my 150 gal with dry rock and adding all corals and fish in at one tike on day like 2 or 3.. I am gonn be using that stabalize stuff. Just windering if anybody else has tried this kindof startup here. If so I would like some feedback thanks a million
Dave

sphelps 01-10-2013 05:02 AM

Well as long as you're using "stabalize stuff", better add a double dose just encase.

acepumping 01-10-2013 05:04 AM

Haha I dont have the name of it. But have you or you heard of anybody thats tried it and it works good?? What kind of issues have you people had?
Stuff like that

Thanks again
Dave

naesco 01-10-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acepumping (Post 780777)
Hey. Just wonderin about starting my 150 gal with dry rock and adding all corals and fish in at one tike on day like 2 or 3.. I am gonn be using that stabalize stuff. Just windering if anybody else has tried this kindof startup here. If so I would like some feedback thanks a million
Dave

You need to post this on a freshwater board.

acepumping 01-10-2013 05:06 AM

Its salt though lol

marie 01-10-2013 05:11 AM

I'm sure many have tried it and maybe a few were successful but I would think that it would take the fun out of "building" a reef

naesco 01-10-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acepumping (Post 780781)
Its salt though lol

You are not the first to use fish to cycle a tank. Ages ago that was how salt water tanks were cycled.

Conscientious reefers use dead shrimp or something like that instead.

It is not a good thing to put fish through the stress of any ammonia cycle.

Please have the patience to cycle your tank.

Add your first fish one month after the cycle. Throw in a few live rock to get your rock seeded and observe the neat stuff that happens in the month is takes for the cycle.

Go slowly

gregzz4 01-10-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acepumping (Post 780777)
Dave

Besides what's already been stated ...

It's not very often that I pipe up on these threads when people are going to kill critters, but :twised:

Why would you want to rush it, and subject your critters to a possible lethal environment, or just flat out kill critters ?

Besides the fact that you are going to use 'that stabalize stuff' ...
How is that going to help you when you haven't mentioned what you will do otherwise to keep the fish healthy ??????

Ace, back away from the tank ....
Maybe you will have success, but most likely you will kill every critter you put in there - and that's a total waste of life :surprise:

lpsreefer 01-10-2013 06:56 AM

I cycled my tank in a week. Using dr. Tim's (One and Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria) I put a few damsels in the sump and I haven't had a problem since on that tank. Beside me doing something stupid. Dropping the power bar into the sump.

albert_dao 01-10-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattjoly85 (Post 780811)
Using dr. Tim's (One and Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria)

LOL @ the name of this product...