Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   When do you say enough? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=87280)

Aquattro 06-17-2012 05:11 PM

When do you say enough?

Or do you, like me and others I know, need an intervention? I continue to acquire frags with absolutely nowhere to put them. I have about a dozen unique frags sitting in racks, and not a square inch of useable space to mount them. Most of them tabling too, so they need a fair bit of room.
How do you decide what needs to go in order to make room? No, bigger tank is not an option...

Who else does this?? :razz:

dreef 06-17-2012 05:17 PM

Its not a hobby...it's a disease.Trust me i know what your talking about.In quite a few areas my acropora have maybe a 1/2 inch between them.And i can't stop getting more.

Snaz 06-17-2012 05:17 PM

Oh poor guy, cry me a river! Try juggling a new SPS addiction when your entire display is 12 gallons.

Seriously you have to make difficult decisions but know the corals you give away will prosper and give pleasure in someone else's home.

Aquattro 06-17-2012 05:18 PM

I wish I had a 1/2 inch. I've got to cut a bunch today just to stop the fighting!!

Aquattro 06-17-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaz (Post 724802)
Oh poor guy, cry me a river! Try juggling a new SPS addiction when your entire display is 12 gallons.

Seriously you have to make difficult decisions but know the corals you give away will prosper and give pleasure in someone else's home.

ya, I can see your point. 12g would take me about 7 minutes to fill. I just can't decide which corals have to go...

lockrookie 06-17-2012 05:29 PM

very shortly i have 180 gallons of real estate...i can store some for you lol.. ive never had a realy ful tank as ofyet so i dont know the feeling yet. build a swap tank and stoe corals in it and every so often switch them out like we do with daycare toys.. this way its like a different tank every 6 months

Aquattro 06-17-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockrookie (Post 724809)
very shortly i have 180 gallons of real estate...i can store some for you lol.. ive never had a realy ful tank as ofyet so i dont know the feeling yet. build a swap tank and stoe corals in it and every so often switch them out like we do with daycare toys.. this way its like a different tank every 6 months

not sure getting them to you would be easy :) The frag tank/swap tank is a good idea, but all my corals are mounted directly to the rock, and not easily swapped in and out. To remove anything at this point is close to surgery -lol

marie 06-17-2012 05:49 PM

Do what I did, take frags of all the corals you want to keep, remove all the rock and replace with new stuff......

don.ald 06-17-2012 06:12 PM

i have space in my tanks so if you need counselling i'm there for you! buddy, pal.

Casey8 06-17-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreef (Post 724801)
Its not a hobby...it's a disease.

I agree :mrgreen: