Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   How social are you? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84333)

Myka 03-17-2012 09:21 PM

How social are you?

I'm wondering how many of you are hermits like me that think sharing photos of our tanks on CanReef is "social" and doing waterchanges is a good way to spend Friday evening. :lol:

It's a private poll (people can't see what you voted for), and closes in 30 days. I forgot to make it multiple choice...dangit.

reefwars 03-17-2012 09:28 PM

haha ok this is a loaded question soooo i think im pretty social i do go out for drinks reguarily i hang with all my friends reguarily that being said none of them are reefers so im in my own little world there, i will say this it seems hard to plan things with other reefers lol is it just me??:P

**** edit****

im a "social butterfly"

too much energy:P

Myka 03-17-2012 09:31 PM

It's not just socializing with other reefers, it's socializing with other people in general. Like me for example, I get together friends once a month or so, but I do think that Friday evening is a good time for waterchanges. :D I'm definitely not a bar star...anymore. :lol: Maybe 6 years ago.

Coralgurl 03-17-2012 09:41 PM

I try to meet up with friends during the week/weekends, more so once hockey season ends and everyone has more time. I'm pretty shy in new situations or with new people but warm up pretty fast... Like you Myka, not so much of a bar star anymore, but enjoy hanging at a pub!

Nano 03-17-2012 09:43 PM

1500 posts since November.. I'm pretty social but a hermit too

Proteus 03-17-2012 09:44 PM

I am a husband and father first after work. If I have time for a social gathering bonus. But it usually means lots of kids lol every other week I spose. I only get 4 days a month off

reefwars 03-17-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 694900)
It's not just socializing with other reefers, it's socializing with other people in general. Like me for example, I get together friends once a month or so, but I do think that Friday evening is a good time for waterchanges. :D I'm definitely not a bar star...anymore. :lol: Maybe 6 years ago.

i try to put aside my sundays for tank days i also do the house so sundays are a write off for me all in all its an all day job but its fun too so i dont mind.

a few years ago i went through this phase where i started to cut friends out and spent alot of time to my self and at work......now i try to spend every weekend doing at least something be it park with dogs or drinks at the pub

me and my family arnt the closest so ive learned that friends can be just as close if the right amount of time is put in:)

sundays though....they are mine to my self no matter what lol:P

Proteus 03-17-2012 09:49 PM

This poll may be in the wrong season. As we all get more active as the days get longer. I do hold more dinners and have more people over in summer

troni 03-17-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus99 (Post 694911)
I am a husband and father first after work. If I have time for a social gathering bonus. But it usually means lots of kids lol every other week I spose.

+1

marie 03-17-2012 10:14 PM

I'm a complete hermit, this describes me to a tee........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 694892)
I'm wondering how many of you are hermits like me that think sharing photos of our tanks on CanReef is "social" and doing waterchanges is a good way to spend Friday evening. :lol: