Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Unclesalty's 180 Gallon Tank Build Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78423)

unclesalty 09-15-2011 04:22 PM

Unclesalty's 180 Gallon Tank Build Thread

Coming soon will be Unclesaltys 180 gallon tank build. Just waiting for a few more items to arrive and deciding on an overflow system but I am almost positive its going to be the bean animal as its super quiet which is going to be a priority for this tank with quiet high end equipment.

unclesalty 09-15-2011 05:04 PM

So far my equipment list is going to consist of:
4 Ecotech Radions
Bubble King Supermarine 200
ATB Flowstar 1800
2 mp40's and possibly adding a 3rd down the road.
Controller -I haven't decided on yet

unclesalty 09-15-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclesalty (Post 636129)
So far my equipment list is going to consist of:
4 Ecotech Radions
Bubble King Supermarine 200
ATB Flowstar 1800
2 mp40's and possibly adding a 3rd down the road.
Controller -I haven't decided on yet

For controller I was originally going to go with a Profilux but have been reading about a new controller and by the sounds of it the Profilux will be moved down in the pecking order after its release. I am definately going to wait and see the details!

freezetyle 09-15-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclesalty (Post 636154)
For controller I was originally going to go with a Profilux but have been reading about a new controller and by the sounds of it the Profilux will be moved down in the pecking order after its release. I am definately going to wait and see the details!

are you thinking about the vertex?

mseepman 09-15-2011 08:05 PM

If you are thinking vertex...it was awesome to play with at MACNA. Now if they price it within reason.

unclesalty 09-15-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freezetyle (Post 636158)
are you thinking about the vertex?

I will have to find article again and reread it. It never mentioned the name "Vertex" but maybe it was just Vertex's model name?

kien 09-15-2011 08:07 PM

I love me some build threads with high end equipments :-D

:pop2:

unclesalty 09-15-2011 08:12 PM

How was the Vertex in comparison to the Profilux? Never owned any type of controller yet myself here. Everyone seems to say controllers are "must haves"

Myka 09-15-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclesalty (Post 636176)
Everyone seems to say controllers are "must haves"

If they are must haves, I would have one. Many people think smart phones are must haves. Controllers are pretty nifty though - especially if you take advantage of all the equipment that work in conjunction. Controllers that work in conjunction with smart phones are nifty x2. ;)

Parker 09-15-2011 10:19 PM

I have to say I love my controller. Makes life a lot easier ( for me at least ) Every piece of equipment I have is tied into mine.

My next project is to tie in a 12v remote trigger from my home theater. Press BluRay and my lights shut down, 2 of my three pumps shut down, wavebox shuts down. It will all come back up on it's own once I shut the amp down again..

Pretty neat toys if you take full advantage of them.