Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Edmonton (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Reefers Meeting Sept 24 / Edmonton (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77731)

fencer 08-15-2011 08:11 PM

Reefers Meeting Sept 24 / Edmonton

I have had a lot of questions when the next Reefer's meeting is going to be held. Because of BWA and Red Coral Frag fests the tentative date will be Sat Sept 24. More details laters. This might be also Sexy Shrimp's going away lunch as well. Yes we will have parting gifts for her.

Things for this year

1. Xmas Store tours
- frag gift exchange for Xmas?
2. Tank tours...maybe
3. Membership discount cards...it is coming
4. New friends to meet
5. Old ones to greet
6. Equipment exchange board...just thinking on that one

Anybody else want to submit ideas...go for it
7. Laser Tag...I know Barnacle Boy wants this one

RedCoralEdmonton 08-15-2011 10:07 PM

Laser tag FTW.....

/thread

Steve

Flash 08-16-2011 12:45 AM

can you please put one on a sunday so i am able to attend?

fencer 08-16-2011 01:29 AM

Your day is coming flash

reef-keeper 08-16-2011 06:29 PM

Can't wait!

fencer 08-29-2011 02:14 PM

bump

fishoholic 08-29-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fencer (Post 629831)
This might be also Sexy Shrimp's going away lunch as well. Yes we will have parting gifts for her.

7. Laser Tag...I know Barnacle Boy wants this one

Totally missed this until now. Some things have come up and I will not be moving to Calgary at this time. I found out my step Dad has stage 4 pancreatic cancer and while he has been doing better these past few weeks (new med.'s) the cancer is progressing rapidly and the Doctor's don't think he'll be with us much longer :sad:

On the plus side I am looking forward to reef meets again and laser tag is always fun :biggrin:

ALang 08-29-2011 02:55 PM

Sorry to hear that, Laurie.
I have had a few close relatives who have had this cancer.
I will be thinking if you. Hate cancer.

fishoholic 08-29-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALang (Post 632381)
Sorry to hear that, Laurie.
I have had a few close relatives who have had this cancer.
I will be thinking if you. Hate cancer.

Thanks Lenny and sorry I missed your BBQ I thought it was the weekend before on the 20th and no one had invited me so I thought I had missed out, and by the time I found out it was on the 27th I had already made other plans :sad:

sgreen 08-29-2011 07:10 PM

Sorry to hear about your step dad, Laurie...my dad had the same thing...but this was way back in 1982. Thankfully he didn't suffer long, he didn't have the option of treatments because it had progressed beyond the point of chemo and could only use pain killers. I will be thinking of you as well...just make sure you make every day count with him!!! Cancer is very devastating regardless of what form you have and it has no boundaries.