Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Questions for the beckett users (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7624)

Canadian Man 01-20-2004 11:51 PM

Questions for the beckett users

1. When you clean your collection cup do you just clean the collection cup do you-

a. Just clean your collection cup?
b. Clean the collection cup and body?
c. Clean the collection cup, body and injector?
d. Other.

Any other insight would be helpful. Like your frequency of cleaning these above mentioned items.

Cheers

Buccaneer 01-21-2004 12:21 AM

Re: Questions for the beckett users

a. Just clean your collection cup?
b. Clean the collection cup and body?
c. Clean the collection cup, body and injector?
d. Other.

Any other insight would be helpful. Like your frequency of cleaning these above mentioned items.

I pick " C " ... what do I win ? :mrgreen: :razz:

As to frequency of cleaning ... how about not often enough ? ... too lazy I guess but it could go a couple months before I got to it ( the collection cup has a drain tube to the floor drain in the basement so it can never overflow )

Cheers

Delphinus 01-21-2004 12:24 AM

C, and once per week. I use a spatula (my spatula, not one from the kitchen :lol:) and wipe the mud out of the reaction chamber. The riser and collection cup I just wash out at the sink.

Then I take a paper towel and wipe down whatever I missed.

I try to make a weekly occurence, otherwise the skimmer loses effectiveness. Just because I try to make it weekly though, doesn't mean that it really is.

Delphinus 01-21-2004 12:27 AM

I should qualify what I mean by I clean my injector once per week. Don't forget that my skimmer is an old-style bullet which means the injector is fully encased and I don't really have access to it.

So I take a hose and a bucket of fresh water and I suck up the fresh water and hope to heck that this is doing something useful (I have no way of knowing).

So once every month or two I take off my bullet altogether and soak it under water for a few hours, and then shake-shake-shake the heck out of it. Spray fresh water in from both sides, etc. And hope that this dislodges any goo/salt buildup. I repeat until I can't see anything in there, and then I put it back.

StirCrazy 01-21-2004 12:53 AM

"C"

Steve

Jack 01-21-2004 12:58 AM

I clean the cup and riser every week. I only clean the beckett if I notice loss of foam produciton (this can happen several times a week but with a quick visual each day I can keep it running optimaly)

Canadian Man 01-21-2004 01:42 AM

THANKS Guys :cool:

I suppose I have to get in the habbit of draning the Monster :confused:
and washing it out.

SHEESH! WHY did I build such a big skimmer again :rolleyes: :lol:

EmilyB 01-21-2004 01:50 AM

I have a Euroreef and only have to clean the cup....... :razz: :lol: :mrgreen:

Jack 01-21-2004 01:57 AM

Em I ran an ES8-2 on one of our systems for a few weeks and all I have to say is my DIY beckett killed it. No questions. :razz: :lol:

EmilyB 01-21-2004 02:01 AM

Hey, we're talking about cleaning here Jack...... :rolleyes: :razz: