Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Anyone use Sun Aquatics 14K bulbs? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7332)

chwkreefer 01-04-2004 01:04 AM

Anyone use Sun Aquatics 14K bulbs?

Has anyone tried using the 400 watt 14k bulbs from Venki? and/or is there a data/spec sheet on them somewhere that someone can point me to.

I'm also curious about the 400 watt 20k bulbs, any difference comparing them to the radiums? (other than price)

TIA
Bill

UnderWorldAquatics 01-04-2004 01:10 AM

I dont believe anyone has been shiped the 14K or 20K out west, they will be available in stores shortly. UnderWorld Aquatics is now the exclusive west coast distributor for Sun Aquatics. (BC, WA, OR, CA.) They will be in your local stores shortly.... I will post Spectral analysis charts in the near future

StirCrazy 01-04-2004 02:18 AM

Re: Anyone use Sun Aquatics 14K bulbs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chwkreefer
Has anyone tried using the 400 watt 14k bulbs from Venki? and/or is there a data/spec sheet on them somewhere that someone can point me to.

I'm also curious about the 400 watt 20k bulbs, any difference comparing them to the radiums? (other than price)

TIA
Bill

yes I have tried the 14K bulbs (250 watt though) and they are more like a 19K in my opinion. I have just put 100 hours on them to break them in and tonight I put the 10K bulbs in (yes I bought two 20K two 14K and two 10K befor christmas to run trials on)

as for the 20K bulbs I would say they have a touch more purple than the radiums but the 14K remind me of a radium a lot.

now these are the 250 watt versions but the colors should be the same.

next week I will be doing PAR comparasons and the like as all the bulbs will have 100 hours on them and be broke in.

Steve

StirCrazy 01-04-2004 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderWorldAquatics
UnderWorld Aquatics is now the exclusive west coast distributor for Sun Aquatics. (BC, WA, OR, CA.)

I thought Venkiw said it was J&L?

Steve

UnderWorldAquatics 01-04-2004 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StirCrazy
Quote:

UnderWorld Aquatics is now the exclusive west coast distributor for Sun Aquatics. (BC, WA, OR, CA.)

I thought Venkiw said it was J&L?

Steve

J&L sells them, we are the distributor, we will be supplying to J&L and the rest of western north america, (places listed), we dont sell to the public, that would put us in competition, with our customers...

props 01-04-2004 03:24 AM

are there any other store that will be carrying sun bulbs other than jls?
king ed? aqua fan? ocean aquatics? big als?

UnderWorldAquatics 01-04-2004 03:26 AM

to be announced in the near future...

Just2Bad 01-05-2004 03:11 PM

Quote:

we dont sell to the public, that would put us in competition, with our customers...

So maybe you should tell venki to do like you and stop selling them on ebay :rolleyes:

Quinn 01-05-2004 04:31 PM

So we can expect the bulbs to cost the same as Ushios and Radiums soon? China to distributor in Montreal to distributor in Vancouver to store, what's the markup going to be?

LostMind 01-05-2004 04:32 PM

STOCKPILE!