Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Nano Tank Talk (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   10 gal stocking ideas (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69696)

nanochef 11-10-2010 01:11 AM

10 gal stocking ideas

hey, was just looking for input/opinions on stocking ideas for a 10 gal. my idea is to have a zoa dominant tank with a few "stragglers". ive been poking around to see what others have, and i see alot of clowns, i was hoping for something different but if not at least my girlfriend will be happy :razz:

reefwars 11-10-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanochef (Post 563453)
hey, was just looking for input/opinions on stocking ideas for a 10 gal. my idea is to have a zoa dominant tank with a few "stragglers". ive been poking around to see what others have, and i see alot of clowns, i was hoping for something different but if not at least my girlfriend will be happy :razz:

my roomate just set up a 10g and were thinking on what hes gonna get for fish so id like to see what others have as well:)

bkelly 11-10-2010 01:31 AM

got a fire fish and a clown goby in my 5g

lastlight 11-10-2010 01:46 AM

Fill it with chaeto then plumb it into a nice 90 or 120 as a fuge :mrgreen:

But seriously I'd have a blenny in there for sure. Lawnmower or bicolor because I've had them and love them... or a tailspot because they're adorable.

Rbacchiega 11-10-2010 02:03 AM

some smaller gobies would be bad ass...I had a pair of yashia's in a 10 gallon (well, approx 6 gallon display)

nanochef 11-10-2010 02:44 AM

been thinking about blennies cuz i had an algae bloom lol so i told my LFS to order me in a lawnmower blenny but sure enough i turn the lights on the next day and my 2 snails cleaned 'er right up! so when i get the call to pick him up i still will out of good faith lol. i thought about a fire fish but i read that having the blenny with other inhabitants that have same body stucture is not a good idea?

side note: i picked up 4 snails in total, 2 astrea and 2 "west indy" pink snails <--- anyone ever seen/heard of these... they seem to be doing nothing but look nice.. i took a video of one of the lil buggers climbing out of water and having this white elogated tube with what looked like a mouth on the end squirming around.. sorry if that made no sense, how do i post videos lol? youtube?

skabooya 11-10-2010 04:16 AM

what about an invert tank (sexy shrimp, etc) or a shrimp goby and pistol pair or dare i say it... a damsel, or chromis, or goby tank or well pretty much any nano fish.
Check out liveaquaria.com in the nano fish section to get some ideas :)

gobytron 11-10-2010 01:58 PM

I would love to see a 5-15 gallon with 2 or 3 yellow assessors...
pricey, but would make for a really high end nano display...

nanochef 11-11-2010 02:31 AM

i like the assessor idea, havent seen the yellow ones in my LFS. i'll keep an eye out, or depending on what he'll charge me i'll order them in.

skabooya 11-11-2010 04:06 AM

JL Aquatics has some in right now. Its on their new and noteworthy page