Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Anyone have living Blue Steel Zoas - Found... PIC added - THANKS MYKA (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69387)

paddyob 10-31-2010 05:03 AM

Anyone have living Blue Steel Zoas - Found... PIC added - THANKS MYKA

I know the Blue Steel Zoa had a horrible death rate all over the world when it circulated a while back. Even I personally tried 2 small frags. The first one died... bought another... it dies too.

So now I have heard some people have had luck and they may actually have grown in their tanks. I am interested in somehow getting ahold of a few polyps if anyone has some.

PM me if you have any.

Thanks!

Myka 10-31-2010 06:35 AM

I have some, they are doing well so far. I've had them for maybe 3 months? They started spreading right away, spread fairly quickly.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...Aug2420107.jpg

paddyob 10-31-2010 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 560737)
I have some, they are doing well so far. I've had them for maybe 3 months? They started spreading right away, but don't spread very quickly.

I come through Saskatoon every couple months to visit my folks in Moose Jaw.

Any chance when you are ready... you might want to part with a couple polyps? I would love you for it.

A few months is good for anyone I hear.... most died in weeks. Hopefully yours acclimated to tank life well.

Myka 10-31-2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddyob (Post 560739)
I come through Saskatoon every couple months to visit my folks in Moose Jaw.

Any chance when you are ready... you might want to part with a couple polyps? I would love you for it.

A few months is good for anyone I hear.... most died in weeks. Hopefully yours acclimated to tank life well.

Sorry I edited my post after you posted. They do spread fairly quickly. In however long it has been (3 months?) they have overgrown their frag plug. They are one of the few that are spreading in my Zoa tank. Go figure...

I got mine from Bayside Corals. Last time I was in there he still had some. If not, ya sure stop by and get some from me. I'm real tough to get a hold of though. :neutral:

They sure have enough names though eh? Blue Steel, African Blue Steel, African Hornets, AOI's.

ElGuappo 10-31-2010 03:54 PM

i have a ready to go frag right now... its small tho.. i just got them and they havent really healed tho.. my frag just had a few polps fall off in the bag...

paddyob 11-01-2010 11:42 PM

Ouch

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuappo (Post 560780)
i have a ready to go frag right now... its small tho.. i just got them and they havent really healed tho.. my frag just had a few polps fall off in the bag...

Thats not a good sign Guappo. Thats exactly what happened to mine as they died off.

Let me know down the road if they heal.... I would not count on it though.

paddyob 11-01-2010 11:44 PM

Still looking.

Still looking for a frag.

ElGuappo 11-02-2010 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddyob (Post 561218)
Thats not a good sign Guappo. Thats exactly what happened to mine as they died off.

Let me know down the road if they heal.... I would not count on it though.

its wasnt that bad.. the rock that was fraged split in 2 in the bag.. not like they actually fell apart...

paddyob 11-15-2010 12:14 AM

Found

Thank you Myka For the great little frag. i passed through saskatoon And she hooked me up. i am still an hour from hitting edmonton... it is in a cooler with hand warmers maintaining warmth. although it is in complete darkness... everytime i check the polyps Are open. nice! cant wait to get them in the tank.

Myka 11-15-2010 12:25 AM

You're welcome! I hope they do as well for you as they have been for me...and they continue that way! ;)