Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   LOL I didn't last long (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63337)

fishoholic 04-13-2010 04:46 AM

LOL I didn't last long

Well I've been in Mexico for a day and a half now and I'm already back on here :lol: My other 3 friends I'm with are all on facebook, but for me canreef is were it's at.

I must say our hotel is huge, the swim up bar is amazing, and listening to the waves crash on the beach at night is the best! The wedding (my friend Josee and Vik) is tomorrow and we're going into town for shopping on Wed. Hope to do some snorkeling soon :biggrin: TTYL Love me :mrgreen:

Lance 04-13-2010 04:48 AM

Where in Mexico did you go Laurie? I know you were talking about the Mayan Riviera.

fishoholic 04-13-2010 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 510261)
Where in Mexico did you go Laurie? I know you were talking about the Mayan Riviera.

Yep I'm sitting at the computer at the Grand riviera princess hotel in Mexico at the Mayan riviera. Going to go to bed soon. Hope to go to XEL-HA on Thursday.

Reef_surfer 04-13-2010 05:02 AM

i was there this exact week last year for a wedding lol at Grand Bahia principa TULUM .

XEL-HA is amazing but when your snorkling watch out for the 6' barracuda. and if you stick to the far side of the cove there is alot of neat little fish and caves to explore!

we took the community bus instead of a taxi i belive it was only 2 peso's/person. Hope you have alot of fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 510263)
Yep I'm sitting at the computer at the Grand riviera princess hotel in Mexico at the Mayan riviera. Going to go to bed soon. Hope to go to XEL-HA on Thursday.

christyf5 04-13-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reef_surfer (Post 510266)

XEL-HA is amazing but when your snorkling watch out for the 6' barracuda. and if you stick to the far side of the cove there is alot of neat little fish and caves to explore!

for gods sakes don't wear anything shiny/metallic!! they love that :neutral:

oh and have fun, it sounds awesome. swim up bar.....*sigh*

Delphinus 04-13-2010 03:34 PM

Sounds great. Take pictures!!

kien 04-13-2010 04:43 PM

Was at Dreams Tulum in January and I didn't last long either :lol: Have fun, can't wait to see pics :-)

Lance 04-13-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 510263)
Hope to go to XEL-HA on Thursday.

Great snorkling at Xel-Ha. Have fun.

Treebeard 04-13-2010 05:40 PM

Xel-Ha is nice, but free is better! :biggrin: Half Moon Bay at Akumal has some great snorkeling. Coincidently I just booked a week at La Joya condos for next January.

Werbo 04-13-2010 06:13 PM

Xel-ha: We all have our opinions and expectations when some recommends a place. I was in Cozumel and planned a day trip to Tulum and Xel-ha. IMO Xel-ha was over priced ($90US)and the snorkelling was terrible. Sure there is some fish but the water is murky and you are snorkeling with 1000+ other people. I left after a 1/2 hour and asked for my money back and only got 1/2 my admission back. The murky water is caused by underground fresh water and the vast number a snorkelers.

If you want good snorkeling take the ferry over to Cozumel and find a tour operator such a Dive Palancar that will take you to the south end of Cozumel at Columbia Shallows. It was only $29 for a 2 hr excursion and included all equipment and free beer/pop. PM me if you want more details.