Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I might be done...but not today (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55392)

Delphinus 08-26-2009 03:57 AM

I might be done...but not today

I had a tank incident last night. I'm not really certain what happened, my best guess is some kind of clam spawning event.

I've had spawn events happen before, they're never pleasant but never have they been this bad. I can't get the water to clear, I can't get my skimmer running (there's no surface tension in the water, it looks like it's trying to skim freshwater).

I'm watching my raccoon butterfly die, I mean, he might make it, but it would be a miracle. He's on the ground panting heavily.

I've lost my flame hawk. He would be nearly 6 years old. :cry:

To lose them like this. I can't take it. Yesterday, everything was fine. Even at midnight, the last time I checked on things before going to bed. This morning I woke up to a disaster.

Two 25 water changes, a sump cleanout, some carbon, and a double checking of all equipment to rule out equipment failure.

Sorry guys, I just need to vent. It's been a rough couple of weeks, I lost a couple clams over my vacation and a couple others were not looking so good lately, but I thought things were improving. Now this. I honestly feel cursed because anytime I've sort of posted anything about anything that was doing well, or even just feel "hey, this isn't so bad after allo" I get squashed.

I'm obviously not making any decisions in this mental state but I hate to say it, the writing is on the wall. My mental and physical health can't take this anymore.

Delphinus 08-26-2009 04:02 AM

Oh My God. It's the brittle stars. I can see them. They're all spawning, all the hundreds or thousand of the little tiny brittle stars. Or they're now spawning now at least, maybe in reaction to the water changes. I'm out of RO/DI, I'm out of salt. Even if I wasn't though I'm not sure more water changes tonight are the answer. Maybe tomorrow.

Leah 08-26-2009 04:03 AM

Oh no, so sorry to hear this

hillegom 08-26-2009 04:05 AM

Thats all so unfortunate. Hope it doesn't all go down the toilet

fishoholic 08-26-2009 04:21 AM

:hug: So sorry to hear, I know how horrible it is to watch the fish you love die :sad: Also how frustrating it is when nothing you do helps.

Carmen 08-26-2009 04:24 AM

Oh Tony, so sorry to hear! :sad::cry:
Hope things turn around....:neutral:

christyf5 08-26-2009 04:35 AM

Oh man Tony I wish I was there to help. What a nightmare :cry:

md14 08-26-2009 04:39 AM

Oh that sucks, Hope everything turns around

365seasons 08-26-2009 04:53 AM

Oh No!
That sucks!! Let us know if theres anything we can do to help!

marie 08-26-2009 04:53 AM

That was my biggest nightmare when I went into my sump room noticed my skimmer wasn't skimming and smelled coral spawn a few weeks ago. luckily non of my fish were affected or I might of thought of quitting myself :sad: