Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   RSM Availability is NOW! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52255)

Nate 04-29-2009 02:51 PM

RSM Availability is NOW!

Hey guys,

I work for a local distributor in Calgary and wanted everyone to know that we just got in the first shipment of Red Sea Max 250's. They are shipping out today (well most of them) and are avail at your favorite reef shop!

Contact your favorite store to order...they will know how to get a hold of me. SUpply is very limited so order right away.

And So you know, we cover everywhere from The Manitoba/Ontario border to the West Coast!

Nate

gobytron 04-29-2009 03:05 PM

saw one at JL aquatics last week.
nice tank, but 2000$ for tank and stand?
come on.

Nate 04-29-2009 03:42 PM

I can dig it

I like em...they are pretty sweet...

to each their own...

Ron99 04-29-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobytron (Post 415737)
saw one at JL aquatics last week.
nice tank, but 2000$ for tank and stand?
come on.

Well, it is tank, stand, lighting, filtration, power center with timers and skimmer in one neat package. Not really all that bad if you price out all the components.

Ryan 04-29-2009 03:50 PM

The store here in lethbridge has had 3 of the smaller ones in every one of them had a problem. The 1st had a cracked stand, the other the hood was malfunctioning, and the 3rd the pump wouldnt work. They have a 4th in and set-up right right now which came in perfect but I am worried about quality on a $2000 dollar tank.

Given all the pieces were replaced no questions asked but theres always that "what if" and then the waiting period to get good part in.

I hope the RSM 250 is better quality or that was a 3 in a million screw up.

Red Coral Aquariums 04-29-2009 03:53 PM

This is a great setup for someone that wants a complete system that looks good. I've read they have some neat accessories you can add, like chillers, etc.
We will have them available for order at Red Coral.
Thanks
Kevin

Nate 04-29-2009 03:57 PM

supply is limited...we have been selling them out very quickly and have limited stock left...call and book yours at your favorite shop now!

gobytron 04-29-2009 04:17 PM

but, for 2000, think of the much sweeter, much more versatile setup you can have...

I know there is a demographic for a tank like this at this price level, but at the end of the day, it's a glorified nano cube...

definitely to each their own

I see a lot of support from retailers and distributors though, I'm sure that means something./

i have crabs 04-29-2009 04:29 PM

i dont agree with the negatives on here, ive never owned a redseamax but it looks good and has its place, i might buy one for a frag tank just so i dont have a getto tank, for those that think $2000 is way too much i think its time for a new hobby or maybe a freshwater tank.
shure you can build something for a bit cheeper but something half decent isnt gonna be much cheeper and definatly wont be problem free either,

fishytime 04-29-2009 04:38 PM

The beauty of these tanks is you can buy one, take it home, add water and rock and plug it in and away you go. No, is this pump enough flow....will this light fit on the tank, will that skimmer hang on the back properly etc. etc. etc. Also, it looks good and for those peeps with significant others that dont want ugly things in their living rooms....:mrgreen: