Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Why does "IT" always happen at night (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49979)

my2rotties 02-27-2009 05:32 AM

Why does "IT" always happen at night

Why do fish get sick, die, jump out and anything that can go wrong happen while we sleep? I've been fairly lucky with this system but my last one was awful. I would get up in the morning to tanks crashes, sick r dying fish r equipment failure. With this system my jumpers always did while I slept, or my Majectic angel fell ill and I found her in the morning. Then the day after that she was dead when I woke up but looked promising when I went to bed.

SO why does bad stuff always seem to happen while we sleep. I am awake much longer during the day so what is it abut the slumbering hours?

Delphinus 02-27-2009 05:34 AM

You must be at home during the day. Sorry, not trying to be rude. It's just that for ME, stuff always happens when I'm away at work. Secondly, yeah, it's at night I guess. Murphy's Law. :(

my2rotties 02-27-2009 05:38 AM

I've been home more during the day these days due to slow down at work for sure. I have not had anything bad happen while I am gone, but now I probably condemned myself for saying anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphinus (Post 393610)
You must be at home during the day. Sorry, not trying to be rude. It's just that for ME, stuff always happens when I'm away at work. Secondly, yeah, it's at night I guess. Murphy's Law. :(

JDigital 02-27-2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphinus (Post 393610)
Murphy's Law. :(

beeve 02-27-2009 05:53 AM

I was sick with the flu at the start of the week and finally got out of bed Tuesday afternoon. I walked down to my tank and noticed everything was looking unhappy, so I opened my cabinet doors and was hit with a heat wave. I noticed the temp was 87. This was confusing as I do not run heaters. Thinking about it I called my wife at work and asked her if the halides where on when she left in the morning. She said as a mater of fact they where. So had I not been sick in bed and actually got up for work I would have noticed my timer malfunctioned and my lights would not have been on for 28 hours. Funny how when you let your guard down around your tank it bites you in the arse.

my2rotties 02-27-2009 05:11 PM

I find that anytime I have had Ich show up it always happens through the night and when the lights go on... presto there it is.

Pan 02-27-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my2rotties (Post 393712)
I find that anytime I have had Ich show up it always happens through the night and when the lights go on... presto there it is.

Then there has to be something wrong with the tank :)

Tangman 02-27-2009 11:38 PM

If it makes you feel better, Murphy's Law all ways gets me aswell when I'm not looking, If I only knew where Murphy lived he'd be dead ! :mrgreen:

Pan 02-28-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangman (Post 393808)
If it makes you feel better, Murphy's Law all ways gets me aswell when I'm not looking, If I only knew where Murphy lived he'd be dead ! :mrgreen:

Murphy rarely has anything to do with deaths in a reef tank

Purple 03-01-2009 06:34 AM

It's the same with kids who are sick, always worse at night :puke: