Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Zero Egde? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38523)

VFX 01-11-2008 02:55 AM

Zero Egde?

Has anyone seen or tried these aquariums?

Something like that would look perfect in the space I've set aside for my tank.

They look a lot like display tanks in LFS, trade shows or public aquarium 'touch' tanks.

Expensive though & no Canadian distributor...

Myka 01-11-2008 03:10 AM

I think they're silly looking.

dsaundry 01-11-2008 03:46 AM

tank

Interesting, in the right place it would look good I am sure. Way too expensive..Overpriced by a ton. Oops, again my opinion only..:lol:

Der_Iron_Chef 01-11-2008 04:03 AM

I don't like the fact that they're *primarily* meant for top-down viewing. I think, anyway. Also, it seems like if the tank weren't perfectly level, it wouldn't work properly....and that could be frustrating.

Jason McK 01-11-2008 04:19 AM

I've seen pics on RC throught the side and I couldn't even tell they where shooting through water then glass.

I think they are very cool but too $$$

J

Brent F 01-11-2008 04:21 AM

Go

Their smallest one is similar sized to my invert tank. Except I have an internal overflow, used Starfire glass and it cost less than 1/4 as much including the 70 watt MH.

I saw these before and used the idea when designing my invert tank. As Drew said, the top down viewing is a limitation. A conventional layout gets around that.
________
vaporizer reviews

asherah 01-11-2008 04:49 AM

I think they would be very kewl but they require daily wipping down of the glass and top off to ake sure they are kept that way

asherah

asherah 01-11-2008 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent F (Post 293443)
Their smallest one is similar sized to my invert tank. Except I have an internal overflow, used Starfire glass and it cost less than 1/4 as much including the 70 watt MH.

I saw these before and used the idea when designing my invert tank. As Drew said, the top down viewing is a limitation. A conventional layout gets around that.

Hey ould I see your invert tak ? I would love to see it. It sounds like a great idea =)
asherah

fkshiu 01-11-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherah (Post 293454)
I think they would be very kewl but they require daily wipping down of the glass and top off to ake sure they are kept that way

asherah

At first I thought "What's the big deal?" as well. Then after watching the video I realized that it's not just a shallow acrylic tank, but it uses all four viewable sides as its overflow sorta like how some fountains work. There are gutters all around. You couldn't actually wipe down the sides at all since there's water constantly flowing over them! Not an easy thing to work out, but as long as you've got a good ATO like an osmolator you should be fine.

Pretty cool. Considering the "ooh" factor, the apparent quality of the acrylic work and that it comes with the integral cabinet stand, the prices aren't too outrageous.

surgeonfish 01-11-2008 06:54 AM

I would not recommend one if you have young kids. I have enough problems with little finger prints all over my tank. They could use it as a "water table" and have hours of fun.