Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Missing Clownfish, wtf (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33431)

likwid 06-13-2007 11:09 PM

Missing Clownfish, wtf

Hey guys.. I have a 10g tank that has been up and running for over 6 months now. In it I had a clownfish, 2 hermits, 2 turbos, and 3 astrea snails, as well as some various corals. I came home from work today to find that my clownfish is no where to be seen. I have checked all the rockwork, coral, etc, and I have no idea where it vanished to. Has this happened to any of you before? What should I do now?

justinl 06-13-2007 11:17 PM

sux. are you sure its not hiding in the rockwork? any corals that might be predatory to it? check the floor around the tank, maybe you got a jumper?

Der_Iron_Chef 06-13-2007 11:19 PM

This has happened to me before. Then...lo and behold...fish!

likwid 06-13-2007 11:28 PM

I have looked everywhere and he is no where in sight. The only corals I have are zoos, xenia, frogspawn and candy cane.

Corbin 06-13-2007 11:32 PM

thats happen to me before, with a damsel, i thought it jumped out somehow and my cat ate it lol. but it showd up a week later.

marcingo 06-13-2007 11:34 PM

happened to me with 2 clown as well, completely dissapeared and no body to be found, then it happened to me with a damsel no where to be found either. One day it was there the next gone.

Chaloupa 06-14-2007 01:17 AM

My Mom lost a firefish in her tank and I lost a two spot Blenny in mine..never to be seen again..no body, no nothing

Moogled 06-14-2007 02:21 AM

Royal Gramma here.

I wouldn't look into it too much. Chances are it probably got eaten by a crab or another type of hitcher, especially if some members on this board find an unexpected crab after 2 years of not adding any liverock.

Wait a week and then just grab another Clown and hope it doesn't vanish this time around (or the missing one reappears, haha).

michika 06-14-2007 02:33 AM

I feel for you.

I've had both potential outcomes happen; I've found sun dried jawfish on my floor, and I've also had a tang go missing for over a month, only to reappear randomly one night.

Corbin 06-14-2007 02:41 AM

this happens to all many fish, newts frogs i have. every newt ive ever owned (all in completely sealed terrariums) have all disappered without a trace, looked all over my room, in there tanks everywhere, never to be seen again. one of my firebellied toads got out of its completely sealed incloser, sealed almost so tight that not even air could get in. and in the middle of the night i woke up to it beside my bed!! it could never have jumped the 14 " to the top of the tank squeezed through the tiny hole 10times smaller then it. i have more storys, but anyways, i think animals can teleport, call me crazy but i do HAHA