Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Nano Tank Talk (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   my 3 gallon Deco (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29697)

pimentel 01-12-2007 05:24 PM

my 3 gallon Deco

2 Attachment(s)
3 gallon deco kit
18w pc 50/50
Livestock
cleaner shrimp
Small maroon clown
Small bubble tip anenome
feather duster
2 zebra hermit crabs

Chaotic Cricket 01-12-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimentel (Post 229709)
3 gallon deco kit
18w pc 50/50
Livestock
cleaner shrimp
Small maroon clown
Small bubble tip anenome
feather duster
2 zebra hermit crabs

You put a clown and an anemone in a 3 gallon and posted to let people know this? I'd hope you would reconsider.

Farrmanchu 01-12-2007 07:44 PM

Clown, big deal, it's the Anemone that's a concern. I thought they needed more light than PC. It looks really cool, I like the tank, but maybe try some Waving Hand for the Clown instead? The Featherduster looks really impressive in a small tank, Zoanthids do really well under PC's, you should try them.

andsoitgoes 01-12-2007 08:05 PM

Uh - They do. Lots more. I could understand if it was MAYBE a 27w PC inches away from the top, but even then.

I really hope this is just a temp situation, I sometimes feel guilty having anemones under 150w MH in a 44g tank.

As another alternative, what about a torch or similar anemone like coral for the tank? Or maybe this is just a temp situation and you'll be moving those to an appropriate tank within a few days, right?

Fugu 01-12-2007 08:18 PM

nice tank m'man:)

Its okay to keep a fish like that in a smaller tank for a while I beleeve,no biggie.But you MUST do your waterchanges regularly!!! its alot of bioload! I knew a guy who had 3 damsels in a 3g and they where fine.But just keep it in mind that you will need to move them when the time comes.

I heard somwhere that BTA's dont need any light,I think I heard that on TGVAS but I cant remember.I could be thinking of the wrong anem.

man thats a nice worm,where did you get it?It musta cost a fortune!SW stuff is expencive in victoria haha

Skimmer Juice 01-12-2007 08:39 PM

The clown may live fine , but I'am sure he does not like being in a 3g. That is a little extreme.I would take half of the sand out to.

pimentel 01-12-2007 09:16 PM

thank for the info

hey, thanks for the replies, this is my first nano tank and I am moving soon and will be upgrading to a 33 gallon tank. The anemone is doing really good and eats twice a week. This is a temp system, but I was told that I could keep all of these things from where I bought the set up. The feather duster was bought in Nanaimo for only $20 but has done really well, it is the biggest worn I have ever seen.
thanks

andsoitgoes 01-12-2007 09:28 PM

holy crap - didn't see the FD first time around, that thing IS huge. I'd be afraid to put my finger in the tank, it's like tremors except wet!

I don't think asking who told you those'd be okay in there would be fair, since they'd be hunted like they were Ogres, but unless they added on "for about 2 weeks" I think wrong would be the best answer :)

Farrmanchu 01-12-2007 10:44 PM

Good to hear about he larger setup, go with T5 HO, or Metal Halide lighting, and you won't be as limited with Livestock choices.

G1GY 01-13-2007 12:03 AM

Nice looking nano pimentel. :)

EDIT:
FWIW, If things are going well I'd keep it just like it is no matter what anyone else say's.