Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Ponds? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24884)

cprowler 05-14-2006 03:07 PM

Ponds?

I was wondering how may people have ponds or are thinking or adding a pond. I thought a forum for ponds would be a good idea to help fellow ponders for the same reasons as reefing. What do you think?

Please chime in and give your opinion and post a pic if you have one.

BMW Rider 05-14-2006 08:48 PM

I have a pond, but I don't think there is a need for a dedicated pond section on Canreef. Its not really the big focus of the site nor is the freshwater. Many of us do have some freshwater tanks or ponds so this section is nice so we can share our alternate side of the hobby. Perhaps all that needs to be done is to change the section title to include ponds.

Osiris 05-15-2006 03:39 AM

I think it would be a good idea. I don't have one yet because I rent right now.I find Canreef good for other people's experiences with marine life and such. It would probably be good for the same reasons, since most of us have more then one type of water pets.

my 2 cents

Wayne

TRS 05-15-2006 01:19 PM

I have had a 350 galllon pond with waterfall for several years, but I only keep it as a water feature for the wife's backyard. I really lost interest in it and my other freshwater tanks since my introduction to saltwater.

Ponds and freshwater forums should be separate from saltwater.

cprowler 05-16-2006 04:53 AM

So if your not interested in a pond forum where people can discuss the challenges unique to this area and where to find quality livestock and dry goods and discuss predators and plant life unique to their zone, you don't want anyone else to be able to have the forum either.

I agree this is a reef site and would not have brought it up if it weren’t for the freshwater section in the first place. I count 37 different forums and I only go in the ones I have an interest in, I'm not sure if one more will bog down the site.

I see that some times a pond thread is posted in the Freshwater forum but not many, I did a search for ponds and selected “Show Results as threads” and only two repossess came up in 2006 and they went back as far as 2002 on the first page.

I think having 38 forums instead of 37 would not be a great burden and if it’s not something that interests you, you don’t have to go in. I only went into Freshwater looking for pond stuff.

cprowler 05-30-2006 02:00 PM

8 no 6 yes, not a ringing endorsement either way. 118 people have viewed this and only 14 have voted. :question:

Palster 05-31-2006 03:05 AM

A definite yes from me. I have a 9000 gallon pond in my back yard which I enjoy equally as much as my marine aquarium.

demon666 05-31-2006 05:13 AM

i voted yes but dont have a pond........ i might but dont know if ill ever have or want one but i think it would be neat to have a forum on it......

Werbo 06-01-2006 02:53 AM

If interested in building a pond, buying equipment, maintenance, buy/sell, ect.
What is the Canreef equivalent on the web (for BC) ?

What is the Reefcentral equivalent?

Is there a pond of the month forum like Reef Magazines tank of the month?

seashells 06-03-2006 04:55 AM

Pond forum would be a good idea. We have a 300 gallon pond and waterfall with goldfish. Like to sit back, feed the fish and listen to the water. Very relaxing on a warm summer afternoon. We put it in before I attended courses on building and installing ponds and streams. Real easy day project if you have the right equipment and a few friends. Its amazing how a stream can cut down road noise too. Almost feels like you're camping in your backyard without the travel.

Doug