Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lower Mainland (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   re: VAHC group showing of IMAX Deep Sea-3D (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23304)

SeaHorse_Fanatic 03-03-2006 04:30 AM

re: VAHC group showing of IMAX Deep Sea-3D

So fellow fish nuts. The Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Club is organizing a group showing of the IMAX movie, Deep Sea-3D on Sunday, March 19th. It will probably be a 3pm showing (that has yet to be finalized). Just wanted to see if anyone is interested. Here are the details:

Adults – $7.50 Kids - $6.50

Normal rate: Adults - $11.50; Seniors - $10.50; Kids - $9.50

Must have 15 members minimum to get group rate.
We pay one lump sum based on final tally of attendees at the box office (door)

Movie: Deep Sea 3-D
Starts March 3
45 min. in length
Narrated by Johnny Depp & Kate Winslet
Occupies 50% of schedule
Regular Schedule:
Showtimes @ 12, 1, 3, 7, 9
Spring Break – 12, 1, 3, 7, 9 & 10

Movie is Sponsored by Aquarium’s West – they will be setting up a display tank.

There is also a special draw – Starter Aquarium Kit (AW)
Imax Tickets
Dinner for 4 at Olde Spaghetti Factory

If you are interested, please contact Mykiss or myself.

Thanks,

Anthony

Griffin 03-03-2006 10:05 PM

I should be good for 2 to 3 :D

Tom R 03-04-2006 03:21 PM

Hi Anthony

I am interested keep me posted with any changes. Do we buy our tickets in advance or at the door.

Tom R

SeaHorse_Fanatic 03-04-2006 03:48 PM

Tickets bought at the door.

I'm probably gonna bring Irene's nephews so kids are more than welcome to join us.

If there's enough interest, probably go out afterwards to eat since it'll still be early.

Griffin 03-04-2006 09:07 PM

bump me up and add another 3 that are interested. 6 total :D

SeaHorse_Fanatic 03-04-2006 11:55 PM

Wooo whoooo. You's the man, Rich.

Griffin 03-05-2006 12:57 AM

Naaaa - i'm actually telling people your going to strip after the show :D

SeaHorse_Fanatic 03-05-2006 01:55 AM

Shhhhh. That'll just scare them off. But ok, if that's what it takes to sell tickets.....

deep6er 03-05-2006 02:58 AM

Count me in and my Girlfriend too

Thanks,
Dave T

jws444 03-06-2006 05:22 AM

This IMAX feature was just 'ok'. It was a Cliff notes version of the Underwaterworld series, which are available on DVD and has been on TV numerous times as well. There wasn't anything new here at all.

**spoiler here - don't read if you don't want to know!**

It was the same Sun Star chasing the Feather Stars scene, nudibranch eating the Tube Worm, tortoise at the cleaning station, coral spawning, octopus eating a crab, mantis shrimp defending it's lair, humboldt squids eating frantically etc. I just wished they could have been more original. There's also not many coral shots unfortunately so don't expect to be naming corals throughout the movie because they just aren't there. When they filmed the cold water octopus 'hunting', it was obvious that the crew tossed 2 dungeness crabs on the ground and then started filming. lol. I understand that they can't follow an octopus all day long to get the money shot, but I still chuckled to myself. :)

It's very cool in 3-D, but I always walk out with a headache from these. Knowing what I know now, I should have paid 16.00 for both movies rather than 11.50 just for this one. But with the group rate offered here, I guess it's a good deal. Just don't expect anything new, which is a shame. All that work put into a project and somebody else has already done it years ago.