Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Electrical Fire Griffins House (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18207)

GobiGurl 08-16-2005 01:22 AM

Electrical Fire Griffins House

Last night the fire dept broke down the front door, smashed a couple of holes in the walls, smoke damage and whatever chemicals they used to put out the fire killed everything in Richs' tank :redface: :sad:

Xtasia 08-16-2005 01:24 AM

O.. M.. G..

Rich if you need help getting back on your feet you know where I am.. I will help as much as possible since you helped me so much :D

Griffin 08-16-2005 01:30 AM

Aww thanks Ivy - didn't know lynn posted this aswell lol - i will be out of the game for awhile = all my equipment is good but it will be some time before i start up again - they have alot of work to do at the house before i hit the switch and get and going again

cheers
Rich

props 08-16-2005 01:33 AM

sorry for you loss there bud!.. let me know when you get your tank up and running i'll fill a section of it.. :frown: :frown:

Griffin 08-16-2005 01:37 AM

Well i'm done for a while - had an electrical fire at the house last night and everything died except for snowflake and a open brain. A power bar in my old set up sparked up and set off the smoke detector but by the time the fire department arrived there was far to much smoke to see anything. Everyone was out of the house at the time so the damage is limited to a floor patch, wall behind computers, a lot of smoke damage (they used co2 instead of water) but the salt tank was all dead by this morning except for snowflake who was laboured breathing in the corner. AFter about 1/2 hour of moving her in fresh mixed water she has recovered. The damm gold fish in the other tank didn't have a problem with it - almost like another day at Rich's house" So i am down an out until further notice - gobigurl has my eel and brain in a spare tank = she's so cute and caring
Just let it be known as i have learned my lesson - USE GFI NO MATTER WHAT the cost- as this was the only power bar that didn't have it.

Griffin 08-16-2005 01:39 AM

hey - i'm at lynn's house and she is at work - anyone want some cheap frags :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SeaHorse_Fanatic 08-16-2005 01:49 AM

Damn Rich. Come raid my tank when you're ready to get going again. So sorry to hear about this tragedy. Really, come on over for some new frags when you're ready.

Anthony

PS. What's available from Gobi's? (JK)

Beverly 08-16-2005 02:05 AM

Glad all the people got out safely :smile: Man, that sucks about the fire :eek: :cry:

Aquattro 08-16-2005 02:10 AM

Hey Rich, sorry to hear. At least the people are all ok.

christyf5 08-16-2005 02:52 AM

Yikes! :eek:

Sorry to hear about the tank :sad: . Glad you're okay though.