Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Small bonus - should I buy a new tank - comments apreciated (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1465)

BCReefer 06-21-2002 05:13 PM

Small bonus - should I buy a new tank - comments apreciated

I’m getting a $600.00 bonus from work. Should I use it to pay bills, or should I buy a bigger tank? I was think about a used 70G and I would get my brother to make a metal stand and I would do the same thing as Darren did. I am also trying to start my own company so money is tight. lastly my final tank would be in the 120G range so maybe I should wait until I buy a house in 3 - 4 years. My current tank is 33G but I am so limited to what I can do.

I would need to purchase 1 additional 175W MH bulb and 2 new 4’ actinic bulbs and ballast. I have been thinking about adding a 4’ VHO if I do this.

So what are your comments? If anyone is selling a used <70> G tank, 175MH lighting and a 4’ VHO, CHEAP or less expensive please let me know.

I will check out Albrite, if I can find one in the lower mainland, regarding ballasts.

Thanks
Patrick

BC GRL - I might contact you if you still have your tank.

Tau2301 06-21-2002 11:25 PM

You have to follow your heart.

terryp01 06-22-2002 11:11 AM

Why don't you bank the money for a couple of weeks. This can take away the 'free money' syndrome. Once you have had a chance to determine your financial situation then you can make an informed decision.

Good luck.

tp

BCReefer 06-22-2002 03:21 PM

Damn, I was hopping for a hundread messages to buy buy buy. I know I shuld pay bills but the bigger tank syndrome hits me everytime I look at others tanks.

Sigh - if only I was born rich instead of good looking.

Aquattro 06-22-2002 05:17 PM

I'd have to go with paying bills also. Once the bills are paid, then you can get a tank without guilt. You could also put a bit of the money away and budget a monthly payment towards your tank account!!

ruck'n'reefer 06-22-2002 11:57 PM

I would spend it on my tank. The bills can wait!! :cool:

eli@fijireefrock.com 06-23-2002 01:29 PM

the mony wasnt expected so why not enjoy it go buy corals with it that wat i would do. :D
but then :rolleyes: again if you are behind on bills :mad: of course pay them. :(

BC_Grl 06-30-2002 05:45 PM

That would have to depend on how delinquent you are on your bills... If very delinquent, pay off those bills. If your not behind, then why not go half & half?
But I would much rather be out of debt and have a small tank, than to have a nice large tank and possibly have to sell it later on to pay off those bills when the collector calls. τΏτ