Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Marine Fish (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Bangai cardinal sick (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119348)

mihaivapler 05-01-2016 08:18 PM

Bangai cardinal sick

Attachment 15147What is this on my bangai gills?do anyone have seen this before?hi is like this for about 2 months now but in the last week started to grow bigger,he is ok he eats like a pig doesn't show to have problems because of it but i'm worried that will kill him.also since he has this he doesn't keep the eggs in the mouth,he keeps it for a day and the next day they are gone.

i have crabs 05-01-2016 08:40 PM

I have a lunar wrasse with something similar I think, his gill one one side is bulged out huge, I'm guessing it's a tumour possibly, I expected him to dies months ago but he's still acting normal, in my case atleast I don't think it's anything treatable so it's just a matter of time

mihaivapler 05-01-2016 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i have crabs (Post 990229)
I have a lunar wrasse with something similar I think, his gill one one side is bulged out huge, I'm guessing it's a tumour possibly, I expected him to dies months ago but he's still acting normal, in my case atleast I don't think it's anything treatable so it's just a matter of time

he has the same thing on the other side,both of his gills ends are swallowed..

mihaivapler 05-04-2016 10:44 PM

bump

gobytron 05-04-2016 11:18 PM

Swollen, discolored gills are often a sign of poor water quality or issues with the water parameters.

rsisvixen 05-05-2016 01:18 AM

I find Banggai's tend to be more prone to gill cover issues than most other fish, and tend to have more tumors/growths as well specifically on or in their gills.
My own female develops a tumor on her left gill at least once every year or so.
Probably due to poor genetics and inbreeding somewhere along the way.

mihaivapler 05-05-2016 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobytron (Post 990503)
Swollen, discolored gills are often a sign of poor water quality or issues with the water parameters.

Not the case, water quality is very good. And is the only fish affected

mihaivapler 05-05-2016 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsisvixen (Post 990518)
I find Banggai's tend to be more prone to gill cover issues than most other fish, and tend to have more tumors/growths as well specifically on or in their gills.
My own female develops a tumor on her left gill at least once every year or so.
Probably due to poor genetics and inbreeding somewhere along the way.

Does it just go away or you treat her?

rsisvixen 05-05-2016 07:26 AM

It forms a lump that grows under the skin and then pushes out the top of her gill cover and then it seems her body forces it out completely, after a few weeks its gone but a small hole remains and then heals up. Never seems to bug her though, healthy, eats well and spawns every two months. Only ever happens on her left side.

mihaivapler 05-08-2016 04:26 PM

Oh well.he didn't made it..found half of him under the rocks,the snails took care of him,so if someone has a male bangai please let me know.