Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Need a therapist for my Wife's computer generated back/neck problems (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118134)

gregzz4 02-11-2016 07:11 AM

Need a therapist for my Wife's computer generated back/neck problems

Anyone in the GVRD who can fix my Wife's bad back/neck issues ?
I've tried to convince her that she needs some exercise but it looks like she'll need a bit more intensive help

Thanks for any input/recommendations for a therapist in the GVRD

And do us all a favor ...

Keep your stupid/sexist/useless comments out of this thread, OK :wink:

Aquattro 02-11-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 982257)
Keep your stupid/sexist/useless comments out of this thread, OK :wink:

Well then, I got nuthin'

The Guy 02-11-2016 03:13 PM

Most folks with these kinds of issues go to a physiotherapist for on going help, ours is in Langley but there's lots in Burnaby too.
Your last comment really wasn't needed Greg, it just puts a negative spin on any help from people. :mmph:

braid11 02-11-2016 05:17 PM

If you have coverage, try one of the KARP rehab centres. It is not cheap, but they do an initial assessment with a kinesiologist, and will provide an active rehab plan over a number of weeks of treatment with physio, and home exercises etc.

It almost always requires active rehab, rather than something passive like massage, acupuncture, dry needling, chiro etc.

toytech 02-11-2016 05:35 PM

Sitting in front of a computer is the new smoking , just not good for anyone . My wife goes to a general Kyroprator ( cant spell it) and explaned what she does at work and he gave her some streches that realy help her back . Running helps too .

Aquattro 02-11-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Guy (Post 982275)
Your last comment really wasn't needed Greg, it just puts a negative spin on any help from people. :mmph:

He does that a lot lately. Kinda rude..

WarDog 02-11-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toytech (Post 982286)
Sitting in front of a computer is the new smoking .

God I miss smoking in front of the computer.

gregzz4 02-11-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 982295)
He does that a lot lately. Kinda rude..

Kranky and defensive are the new me

Thanks for all the input. She's tried physio but I can't convince her to keep at it.
I'll look into KARP. Thanks Braid

Coasting 02-11-2016 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 982312)

Thanks for all the input. She's tried physio but I can't convince her to keep at it.

That's your problem right there.
She needs to keep doing whatever shes doing. There are no quick fixes. Often it can take months to get things going in the right direction again.

I'm a fan of Chiro and massage used together. When you look at folks who stare down at phones or at computers or whatever, look what way their neck is bent, and their back and shoulders. We are supposed to have a natural curve in our necks that is the opposite of our thoracic area, and that is opposite to the lumbar area, and when your spine is out of alignment it puts tension on the muscles causing pain and spasms. Getting those bones back in the proper alignment, and relaxing the muscles with massage so they don't pull the bones back, does wonders. Even a slight misalignment can cause serious issue and pain, including intense migraines.

Then follow up with exercise and stretches to strengthen the muscles and prevent further issues. Proper posture!

Aquattro 02-11-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 982312)
Kranky and defensive are the new me

I like it, it's dangerous!!