Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Concept Aquariums (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=243)
-   -   Thanks for having a sump in stock! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110571)

CM125 11-28-2014 05:44 PM

Thanks for having a sump in stock!

Just wanted to say thanks for having a sump in stock last week! Works and looks great! Just a quick note though that my filter socks didn't quite fit in the holes, only took a couple minutes to fix but thought you want to know to check any others made at the same time. Would still highly recommend!!

denny_C 11-28-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM125 (Post 923011)
Just wanted to say thanks for having a sump in stock last week! Works and looks great! Just a quick note though that my filter socks didn't quite fit in the holes, only took a couple minutes to fix but thought you want to know to check any others made at the same time. Would still highly recommend!!

hi:)

your welcome glad you like it , unfortunately our bit for socks that we drill is fixed and stays the same its the socks themselves that change slightly , the next socks you add will prob fit loosely ;)

most times they are spot on but every now and then the mold is slightly bigger or slightly smaller.

CM125 11-28-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denny@concept (Post 923034)
hi:)

your welcome glad you like it , unfortunately our bit for socks that we drill is fixed and stays the same its the socks themselves that change slightly , the next socks you add will prob fit loosely ;)

most times they are spot on but every now and then the mold is slightly bigger or slightly smaller.

Very good to know! Thanks

reefwars 11-28-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM125 (Post 923044)
Very good to know! Thanks

if it helps we drill them for the vertex line of socks they seem to be the most consistent but still it happens for sure:)

BuschWacker 11-29-2014 12:17 AM

I've bought socks from picses, and they are to big and don't fit the hole. The vertex I keep buying from concept fit with room to spare. Is there any way to seal them a bit better to keep dirty water from getting under the lip and going past the sock?

reefwars 11-29-2014 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuschWacker (Post 923089)
I've bought socks from picses, and they are to big and don't fit the hole. The vertex I keep buying from concept fit with room to spare. Is there any way to seal them a bit better to keep dirty water from getting under the lip and going past the sock?

maybe add a small piece of liverock inside the sock to pull down on it?

once they get full of water they should sit flush unless the flange is warped ( happens sometimes in the wash with warm water) but like i mentioned most fit well while others can be slightly to tight or slightly to loose lol

CM125 12-01-2014 04:08 PM

checked on the weekend and all mine fit pretty tightly, they are all from Pisces though. Im guessing none would have fit. I always thought they were a standard size, guess not lol.