Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   JL Aquatics (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New Policy? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109520)

Aquattro 09-29-2014 08:22 PM

New Policy?

Guys, trying to buy something but I'm told I can't pre-pay for something and have a friend pick it up while he's in town.
Why is that? Makes purchasing a bit more difficult for out of town customers.

patman 09-29-2014 08:49 PM

Sounds like what I ran into with one of the big aquarium stores (cough, cough, no names as they are a sponsor on here). If it was them, I ran into that issue last year so it isn't new. Guessing they had a transaction go bad on them.

Aquattro 09-29-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patman (Post 915072)
Sounds like what I ran into with one of the big aquarium stores (cough, cough, no names as they are a sponsor on here). If it was them, I ran into that issue last year so it isn't new. Guessing they had a transaction go bad on them.

Well, being this is in the J&L forum, and you probably mean them, we get what you're hinting at. :)
Stephanie has explained it to me, the owners have decided to do this to protect against fraud, and that's fair enough.

H2o2 09-29-2014 09:07 PM

J&Ls got burnt and it sucks a bit for them and us but just send your buddy with the cash or do what I do for buddies is buy it and they pay me when I get it to them

Aquattro 09-29-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2o2 (Post 915075)
J&Ls got burnt and it sucks a bit for them and us but just send your buddy with the cash or do what I do for buddies is buy it and they pay me when I get it to them

Ya, just a surprise and buddy is already over there. He's got cash to cover it, so not a big deal. And I could have got my item shipped for free, which totally escaped me :)

patman 09-29-2014 09:22 PM

Well, being this is in the J&L forum, and you probably mean them, we get what you're hinting at. :)

LOL didn't even see that part.

babnika 09-30-2014 12:38 AM

happen to me to

My wife dropped off my son at SFU & I figured I would just order & have her pick up a cople cases of salt .No dice .I would have gladly made the trip had I known .Good to let people know so they dont make the same mistake now stuck with shipping bill as salt is not free to ship. :sad:

jlaquatics 10-07-2014 01:30 AM

Hello everyone,

It's true that we do have a policy where the person picking up an order must pay for it. The policy is indeed the result of us being victimized by fraudulent activity in the past and it's a shame that we had to implement it to protect ourselves. I realize this has & may cause some inconvenience for some of our customers and I apologize in that regard.

Jeff O'Neill
J&L Aquatics Ltd.

Aquattro 10-07-2014 04:12 AM

Thanks Jeff. Both yourself and your staff were very prompt and thorough in explaining this to me via email. Appreciate it.

mark 10-07-2014 04:27 AM

okay, can't pre-pay, want about holds?