Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Blue Clovers Anonymous (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=107025)

kien 05-09-2014 02:12 PM

Blue Clovers Anonymous

Hello. My name is Kien, and I am a Blue Clover.

I started out 4, maybe 5 years ago with just half a dozen or so polyps. At first I didn't want them. Heck, I didn't even know what they were. Then, something magical happened. Six turned into twelve. Twelve turned into twenty-four, then before I knew it, every square inch of every rock was covered with them! At first I was afraid. I was petrified! Kept thinking I could never live with them in my tank.

But then, as time went on, I learned to appreciate their magnificence. I was fascinated, excited, and just in awe of their beauty. I would sit for hours just watching the polyps gracefully sway in the current like a choreographed ensemble of little blue dancers.

Thank you for letting me share.

frizzo1983 05-09-2014 02:40 PM

Kien
Hello My name is Frizzo and I am a Blue Clover

I happen to love my blue cloves so much when they started to die during the flood I did everything in my power to save them. I find them much more beautiful than the unsightly purple stuff (Coralline) that grows all over my rocks yuk. I really hope that this first world so called problem of the clove polyp will end. Such a shame people want to "off" this beautiful creation. #SAVETHECLOVE

lastlight 05-09-2014 05:00 PM

i took a small frag from Kien and as soon as it started taking off I removed it from my system. the fear filled my reefing soul. a free birdsnest frag from Kien once again gave me The Clove unintentionally. I've left it alone and now it's a magnificent purple patch of pestilence.

jorjef 05-09-2014 05:13 PM

I thought it was blue moons and green clover.... Either way they are magical.

Coleus 05-09-2014 07:23 PM

WTB some Blue Clover

kien 05-09-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coleus (Post 896274)
WTB some Blue Clover

We here at Blue Clovers believe in spreading the Blue Clove Love. So for you, free! Just come get some !

kien 05-09-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frizzo1983 (Post 896235)
Kien
Hello My name is Frizzo and I am a Blue Clover

I happen to love my blue cloves so much when they started to die during the flood I did everything in my power to save them. I find them much more beautiful than the unsightly purple stuff (Coralline) that grows all over my rocks yuk. I really hope that this first world so called problem of the clove polyp will end. Such a shame people want to "off" this beautiful creation. #SAVETHECLOVE

We said brutha! Save the cloves and spread the love!

MarkoD 05-09-2014 08:19 PM

You guys are cray. Those things are probably stripping your water of elements that would be beneficial to real corals

waynemah 05-09-2014 08:41 PM

My next tank will be BCP dominant. :biggrin:

FishingGoalie 05-09-2014 08:45 PM

I guess i am a blue clover then too. i love the look of mine and my leopard wrasse keeps them under control so they don't go too crazy.