Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Pump Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Anyone has problem with WP25? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105904)

milou 03-24-2014 02:51 AM

Anyone has problem with WP25?

Hi I bought 2 WP25s from Fish street last August and 1 died on me recently. I found the problem to be the adapter. The one that broke is seldom used. Good thing I have another one so I can troubleshoot the problems. Has anyone had any problems with their Jebao pumps? thanks for your input.

Tn23 03-24-2014 02:53 AM

Ive had the pump stop working, but I took it apart and soaked it in vinegar and it started working again.

milou 03-24-2014 03:01 AM

When the problem started, the controller would blink all 3 lights and then only 1 light blink and then the pump just stop all together. It turned out to be a faulty adapter. Hopefully it is still covered under warranty.

mrhasan 03-24-2014 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milou (Post 888149)
When the problem started, the controller would blink all 3 lights and then only 1 light blink and then the pump just stop all together. It turned out to be a faulty adapter. Hopefully it is still covered under warranty.

Just shoot Eric am email. He is a great guy to deal with (in fact, he has a much better customer service than many North American retailer/whole seller).

The Guy 03-24-2014 04:42 AM

Is there an easy way to get the front impeller guard off, I'm usually pretty good with that kind off thing, I find it's hard to hold all 4 tabs in at the same time, or do you twist it off, I did try and it didn't seem to want to twist either?
:frusty:

patman 03-24-2014 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Guy (Post 888178)
Is there an easy way to get the front impeller guard off, I'm usually pretty good with that kind off thing, I find it's hard to hold all 4 tabs in at the same time, or do you twist it off, I did try and it didn't seem to want to twist either?
:frusty:

You just twist it. can't remember if it was clockwise or counter-clockwise. It's actually quite easy. no holding tabs required.

intarsiabox 03-31-2014 11:58 PM

My WP25 is 4 months old and dead already. It looks to be the adaptor that is defective. I'm waiting to see what kind of warranty I get from Krakens Reef on this thing.

Kraken 04-01-2014 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intarsiabox (Post 889635)
My WP25 is 4 months old and dead already. It looks to be the adaptor that is defective. I'm waiting to see what kind of warranty I get from Krakens Reef on this thing.

Heyo. Just send me the defective pump and I will have a new one sent to yeah =)

intarsiabox 04-01-2014 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraken (Post 889656)
Heyo. Just send me the defective pump and I will have a new one sent to yeah =)

I will be doing so shortly. And thank-you for a very fast response on this issue!

milou 04-01-2014 02:58 AM

Good thing you bought domestic. For me I have to pay $10 shipping from Hongkong to get a replacement.