Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Nano setup possibly forsale..... (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90978)

nanoreefnewbie 10-22-2012 10:35 PM

Nano setup possibly forsale.....

I'm new into hobby and nothing on tank is working out can't keep shelling out cash for things that die...maybe I'm inpatient but...:neutral: I think it's up forsale its a tank that's in the can reef 2012 nano contest...can switch ur name in contest I'm sure once tank and contents are bought all together..lookin for 500$

40lbs live rock
40lbs live sand
Heater
Powers head
Salt
Test kits
Everything needed..
Just not ready for hobby I guess:sad:

nanoreefnewbie 10-22-2012 11:42 PM

If need more info or pics pm me

Coralgurl 10-23-2012 12:47 AM

Might be a bit too stressful to enter the contest without any prior experience. Why not just slow down and go at your own pace instead? the contest just adds pressure as a newb you don't need. I feel the same sometimes, but not sure I have the heart to give up. The first 6 months can be the hardest with this hobby and a new tank....

Proteus 10-23-2012 12:53 AM

^^^^^^^

Don't sell. Just drop the contest and take it slow. There's lots of help on here

mrhasan 10-23-2012 01:00 AM

+1. No need for the contest. This hobby is all about passion. A contest is not something that should get you down.

Ask this question: did you get into this hobby for this contest or because you wanted to?

If 2nd part is your answer, then just take things slow. I am a newby like you (been four months or something) and till now, I have faced quite a few bumps but nothing has let me down; and I believe its worth it :)

If 1st part is your answer, well its your call then :)

Salt2Death 10-23-2012 01:02 AM

Here Here, "Nothing Good Happens In A Salt Water Tank Fast, Just Bad Happens Fast!"

Pull out, sit back and just take it nice n slow. Ask lots of question, (even if people like to be *#%} heads on here most will help you lots) and relax- Your build is doing great so far. Just stick with it and all will pay off.
(Hint... Don't throw money at problems, get advice and ask for help there are lots of people here that will help and may have just what you need! We all started out right where you are)

Sent Via The Pirate Ship...

nanoreefnewbie 10-23-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coralgurl (Post 757315)
Might be a bit too stressful to enter the contest without any prior experience. Why not just slow down and go at your own pace instead? the contest just adds pressure as a newb you don't need. I feel the same sometimes, but not sure I have the heart to give up. The first 6 months can be the hardest with this hobby and a new tank....

Well I'm stressed not cause of contest but cause stuff going down hill...im a patient person in life I know this is gunna take time it's just that,I just got this tank going and it going down faster then it started...

nanoreefnewbie 10-23-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus99 (Post 757316)
^^^^^^^

Don't sell. Just drop the contest and take it slow. There's lots of help on here

I've noticed alot of mixed review I do one thing cause people say change then a week or two later others say I'm doing wrong

nanoreefnewbie 10-23-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 757318)
+1. No need for the contest. This hobby is all about passion. A contest is not something that should get you down.

Ask this question: did you get into this hobby for this contest or because you wanted to?

If 2nd part is your answer, then just take things slow. I am a newby like you (been four months or something) and till now, I have faced quite a few bumps but nothing has let me down; and I believe its worth it :)

If 1st part is your answer, well its your call then :)

I've got a 160 gallon fresh water and wanted a challenge..its not the contest its the tanks performance and goin down so fast...ive got passion for aquariums but saltwater is wayy harder then I ever belived..ive got some thinking too do now I guess...stay with fresh or expand

mrhasan 10-23-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanoreefnewbie (Post 757324)
I've noticed alot of mixed review I do one thing cause people say change then a week or two later others say I'm doing wrong

It's one of the MOST debatable hobby out there. Something that work's for someone's tank might work JUST THE OPPOSITE for another tank. You have to test and find your tank's requirement by yourself. Others are here to guide you, but at the end of the day, its you tank and you are the one who should take the risk of trying out to find which works best for you. That's just part of every hobby :)