Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   come program my apex DOS $75 maple ridge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=129956)

e46er 04-25-2020 01:13 AM

come program my apex DOS $75 maple ridge

my peristaltic pump i used for top off finally stripped the gears after 8 years and I figured why not buy something nice like an apex DOS....... well im regreating that decision and I cant get this dinosaur aged software to work at all.

Im in Maple Ridge and will pay $75 for someone to come set it up regardless if you do it in 26 seconds or 2 hours.

apex is running current software.

PM here or text 778-240- three zero two three

cheers
Kent

TStorm 04-25-2020 04:02 PM

Task in Apex?

have you tried using the task to program the dos? what is it that you would like to dos?
that may be able to be done remote also.

e46er 04-25-2020 08:28 PM

Just want to use 1 pump for water top off
Have peristaltic pumps for ca and alk that work just fine.
It’s programmed on fusion and the power is on the manual buttons work it just doesn’t work with programming.

Pazil 04-25-2020 09:24 PM

have you asked for advice on the neptune forum, those guys are usually pretty helpful.

smokinreefer 04-26-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e46er (Post 1042587)
Just want to use 1 pump for water top off
Have peristaltic pumps for ca and alk that work just fine.
It’s programmed on fusion and the power is on the manual buttons work it just doesn’t work with programming.

Sorry to derail...
Why are you using a DOS for water top off?

Wouldnt the ATK auto top off kit be better suited for this purpose?

Bblinks 04-26-2020 05:00 PM

Hey Kent, you can just grant someone access through your apex so they can have remote control. Shouldn’t be that hard to program it. I can get someone to do it as long as you tell me what you need it to do.

e46er 04-27-2020 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokinreefer (Post 1042605)
Sorry to derail...
Why are you using a DOS for water top off?

Wouldnt the ATK auto top off kit be better suited for this purpose?

Float switches are garbage. I’ve seen sooooooo many failed float switches in my line of work I’ll never use them In my house for anything.
I’ve gone through a 250 gal SPS tank blow out. I don’t want to deal with another flood I’ve used peristaltic pumps on timers/controllers for 15 years never had a flood. It works for me

e46er 04-27-2020 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 1042608)
Hey Kent, you can just grant someone access through your apex so they can have remote control. Shouldn’t be that hard to program it. I can get someone to do it as long as you tell me what you need it to do.

Please!!!!
I’ll pm you

smokinreefer 04-27-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e46er (Post 1042634)
Float switches are garbage. I’ve seen sooooooo many failed float switches in my line of work I’ll never use them In my house for anything.
I’ve gone through a 250 gal SPS tank blow out. I don’t want to deal with another flood I’ve used peristaltic pumps on timers/controllers for 15 years never had a flood. It works for me

gotcha. use what works.

GreenSpottedPuffer 04-27-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e46er (Post 1042634)

This worried me as I use the ATK haha...

Are you saying the optical sensors are garbage? Or just float switches in general? I don't actually use the float switches but I have been using the optical sensors for years. I am always worried in general about auto top offs. Never had one fail but I hear about it all the time.

Sorry to keep the derailing going :lol: