Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   BC Interiors (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   creston,bc (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48436)

freddy 01-16-2009 04:53 PM

creston,bc

Just wondering if there is anyone out there from the creston area.

robzilla 01-17-2009 12:01 AM

used to known of a reefer, aaron, but he's moved to sask...
he did mention there were a few reefers in the area.
if you're ever over this way....and i come thru creston every once in awhile

freddy 01-17-2009 12:55 AM

creston

I knew Aaron too,used too go over to his place,he helped me out quite a bit.I'm just running a 46 gallon softie tank right now(sumpless)hopefully get a bigger tank this year.Need a job first.

robzilla 01-17-2009 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddy (Post 378089)
I knew Aaron too,used too go over to his place,he helped me out quite a bit.I'm just running a 46 gallon softie tank right now(sumpless)hopefully get a bigger tank this year.Need a job first.

i was over to his place many times too.

areefdream 01-26-2009 02:45 AM

Reefers in the Kootenays, there are not many of us! I have been in Nelson for over a year now and feel it will be home for a while. I have only been into the hobby for three years and desperately need to meet other enthusiasts.

freddy 01-26-2009 03:17 AM

nelson

It's good to here that there is reefers nearby,I have been In creston for around 25yrs and know of another reefer a friend of mine,but that's about it,there has to be more somewhere.

danny zubot 02-02-2009 01:43 AM

I'm new to the Koot's as well, good to see another one come out of the woodwork. A few more and we might warrant a meet and greet!

Tell us about your set up if you don't mind?

freddy 02-02-2009 02:03 AM

set up

I have a 46 gallon bowfront sumpless,red sea prizm skimmer plus running a 500 aquaclear with foam and carbon.lights are 36"coralife 96watt 10000k,24"coralife aqualight fixture2x65w one atinic,one 10000k.softie tank,leathers,colti,kenya trees,mushrooms,bubble coral,green star polyps and a squamosa clam.

areefdream 02-02-2009 02:09 PM

I never knew there were this many of us

My tank has been up and running as a saltwater for nearly 2005 we have moved 4 times but virtually the same setup. I have never had a ton of money to throw at it so it has always stayed small.
33gtank, hang on remora skimmer, aqua clear 400 filter withfoam and usually carbon, 4x39w T5 lights, and two additional powerheads for flow.
Corals: moonstone, frogspawn, zoo's, gsp, and some brown toadstool leathers.
Inverts: One-two (who knows anymore?) peppermint shrimp, and some snails, two diggers.
Fish: Only one gold band clown, but I am considering getting a powder blue and a lawnmower this week to keep her company. Would really like to get some more frags.

areefdream 02-02-2009 02:14 PM

Meet?

A few more and we might warrant a meet and greet!
I would agree, I have never actually had a friend in the hobby. For many years I have just been wondering around thinking I was alone.