Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Q&A (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Q: How can we acknowledge helpful members? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82548)

Aquattro 01-29-2012 03:01 PM

Q: How can we acknowledge helpful members?

This is a question I've got from people over the years, so we've decided to add a new feature to the board.

Going forward, we're going to run a quarterly MVP feature, where the member picked as a MVP will get that title added to their profile. We're also going to try and dig up some cool prizes for the selected member.

How it works:
If you've been helped by a member who's gone above and beyond, or feel that anytime a question is asked a particular member is always there with a helpful answer, you can nominate that member as a candidate for MVP.
To nominate someone, send a PM to the Canreef Staff account, and we'll add it to a staff thread for the quarter. One week before the announcement, the staff will select the member with the most merit. This "most merit" selection will be based on the number of nominations OR something that particularly stands out as going above and beyond.

Who can qualify?:
There are no restrictions on who's eligible. The member doesn't need to have specific post counts, rep points or not be affiliated with a sponsor. It's open to anyone that gives that little extra!

I'm a sponsor, how can I get in on the prizes?:
If you're a sponsor on Canreef, and you'd like to donate something for the selected MVP, please contact either the Canreef Staff account, or your favorite staff member. You'll get a kudos for your store in the thread and everybody will think you're awesome too!!

When does this begin?:
Effective immediately, we'll be accepting nominations. The selections will be made to pick someone on the first of January, March, June and September.

How can I get more info?:
If you have any questions, feel free to ask right here. We'll do our best to answer as best we can this early in the feature :)

reefwars 01-29-2012 03:03 PM

i think this is a great idea:)

Nano 01-29-2012 03:14 PM

+1 got a few in mind

Aquattro 01-29-2012 03:31 PM

Q: Can a nominee use roll over minutes?

A: No, each quarter will begin from scratch. If you've nominated someone and they didn't get selected that quarter, simply re-enter their name.

Aquattro 01-29-2012 03:50 PM

Just a reminder, please send nominations to the Canreef Staff account. Thanks.

Aquattro 01-29-2012 03:54 PM

Q: How can I get my nomination noticed?

A: When submitting a member's name, please detail what they've done. Give specifics, sell, sell, sell!!!
Sure, Joe's a good guy, but what has he done for you lately?? Tell us, in too many words, just why Joe should have a planet named after him!!

Casey8 01-29-2012 03:57 PM

Sorry, where is the Canreef staff account ? :redface:

Aquattro 01-29-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey8 (Post 676510)
Sorry, where is the Canreef staff account ? :redface:

The Canreef Staff account is simply another member name, you can just send a PM to that member. For those that have already submitted, the notes have been forwarded, so you don't need to resend.

Canreef Staff 01-29-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 676515)
The Canreef Staff account is simply another member name, you can just send a PM to that member. For those that have already submitted, the notes have been forwarded, so you don't need to resend.

Or simply click on the account name here and send PM. Easy Peasy :biggrin:

lastlight 01-29-2012 06:06 PM

Will there ever be an LVP? I'd like the satisfaction that comes with winning something too someday =)