Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   77G Reef Tank first wobbly step (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34458)

scsi 08-04-2007 08:01 AM

77G Reef Tank first wobbly step

So, tomorrow is the big day. I'v had my tank set up for 2 weeks now, and I'm reasonably happy with the temp and water conditions thus far. I'm going into Edmonton this weekend to buy 90lbs of cured (2 months) Live rock. A mixture of Fiji and Tonga I'm told. Nice stuff growing on it already.... Poylps, and Featherdusters.... plus nice shades of coulor to it.

He said I could come over and pick what I liked (Reefwerkz btw). Now I'm going to do this Saturday night 8pmish or so..... I can't get back to my tank with it till approx 10am the next day...... I'm already scared.

We'll pack it in water from his tank and I'll have a powerhead in the container all night.... Even so I'm still scared. Details to follow.

SeaHorse_Fanatic 08-04-2007 08:10 AM

If it's packed in water with circulation & the temp doesn't fluctuate too much, you should be fine. Just make sure you test the water quality for the next couple of weeks at least. If there is a spike, with cured LR transported that way, the spike should be small.

Good luck.

EmilyB 08-04-2007 08:11 AM

Exciting ! It should be just fine. Take the time to enjoy the life on your rock, all too soon we put critters in that eat it all.

Mik_101 08-04-2007 08:14 AM

I would keep an eye on things I had a tiney spike nothing serious though.

scsi 08-04-2007 08:25 AM

Gawd... I have'nt been this excited since the night I knew I was going to lose my virginity :lol:

fishytime 08-04-2007 02:58 PM

:lol:We need pics.( and not of that special night)

Der_Iron_Chef 08-04-2007 03:15 PM

LOL. *awkward*

christyf5 08-04-2007 03:22 PM

:rofl:

yes I was going to suggest pics as well, but wanted to wait until a few more posts were made to pass that one :razz:

Doug 08-04-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scsi (Post 264024)
Gawd... I have'nt been this excited since the night I knew I was going to lose my virginity :lol:

:shocked!:

The rock should be fine, esp. with water and a powerhead. Many times we carry it just in a salt bucket, a bit of water and lots of wet newspaper wrapping the rock. If needed a small Canadian Tire inverter will power a powerhead and small 50w Ebo heater. I have transported a lot of livestock that way.

scsi 08-05-2007 07:31 PM

I just got back from the city and placed the rock in my tank. I'll be borrowing my Brother-in-Law's Canon Digital EOS to take pics of the setup thus far tonight.....
Good coraline growth on rocks, and some small poylps, and a couple of crabs as hitch hickers... thought about dumping them because I didn't know what they were, but then tossed them into the tank with everything else.... we'll see if that was a wise move or not.