Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   US Vendors (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36920)

RicePaddy 11-07-2007 07:08 PM

US Vendors

I am looking for websites to US vendors who will ship to Canada. A new skimmer is what I am looking for and I am just curious as to the saving that may or may not be had.

Any advise would be helpful and welcome.

Will

Pier Pressure 11-07-2007 07:15 PM

Try reading old posts. I note that brokerage fees, duty and the like all increase the price of the units substantially.

howdy20012002 11-07-2007 07:21 PM

try J&L
they are pretty close to the US Prices and you don't have any worries about the shipment.
Neal

Matt 11-07-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howdy20012002 (Post 280339)
try J&L
they are pretty close to the US Prices and you don't have any worries about the shipment.
Neal

I was just there on Sunday for the first time, and man, oh man.... what a store. Their dry goods selection wasn't overwhelming (at least not on the floor), but it was good and well-priced. But their fish and invert sales tanks were immaculate and filled with incredible stock. Corals and frags were not as impressive, but you could spend a lot of time and money there.

mark 11-08-2007 01:33 AM

I'll give OA a plug.

Goes back a few years but when went looking for a skimmer did the USA thing. Ended up saving a few bucks over what OA was asking for the same unit but after all the little extra fees (brokerage mainly) wasn't a whole lot.

More recent with them, couple of weeks back did the on-line thing with OA. Immediately had the e-mail that they got order, then processing order then another e-mail order sent and two days later was sitting on the counter when I got home. Slick.

Having said that, been looking around for some lights on both sides of the border and marinedepot.com seems to have good prices, never dealt with so not sure the service.

SeaShell 11-08-2007 01:38 AM

Just be careful of the shipping costs with Marine Depot. A month ago I thought their prices were terrific on lighting for my tank, but the bottom line was $175 for shipping to me in Alberta. I cancelled that order!

andresont 11-08-2007 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 280340)
I was just there on Sunday for the first time, and man, oh man.... what a store. Their dry goods selection wasn't overwhelming (at least not on the floor), but it was good and well-priced. But their fish and invert sales tanks were immaculate and filled with incredible stock. Corals and frags were not as impressive, but you could spend a lot of time and money there.

Looks like we are spoiled here in Vancouver ... i never thought about any of our stores as as incredible !

EmilyB 11-08-2007 06:02 AM

www.premiumaquatics.com