Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   lastlight's 101 half cube (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58863)

lastlight 12-23-2009 02:22 AM

Ok I'm another step closer to the rebuild.

Sold my house as fast as I sold my tank. 24 hrs. Now we're on the hunt for a new place to call home.

I've been looking for 30" x 30" tiles. Anyone know of a place that has these? Or a site that shows any? My last tiles were from Ames tiles but I scoured the site and found none larger than 24x24.

Funky_Fish14 12-23-2009 02:32 AM

Brett, congrats on the sale of your house so quick! We were pooping ourselves... our last place took almost 4 months to sell at below market value.

About the tiles, you mentioned marble... I know of a store in Edmonton that specializes in marble/granite finishes and stuff like that, countertops, flooring. I will go by tomorrow and take a look and see if they have 30x30" tiles or can make them, and I'll get back to you. PM me if you have a preference or any sort of colour or price or whatever you are looking for.

Cheers man,

Chris

lastlight 12-23-2009 02:55 AM

Chris if you just let me know which store it is I can do the grunt work =)

But the new stand needs to be white. Either white acrylic or a white tile. I think I'd prefer a marble. My last tiles I *think* were $20 ea. I'm buying fewer this time so maybe if they're more than that it's ok. Still dreaming right now.

Thanks man =)

Delphinus 12-23-2009 03:06 AM

Wow that was fast!! :eek: Um .. Congrats? I have no idea what to say that sounds appropriate. Where are you looking for a new place?

PM inbound about someone who might be able to help with the tile..

lastlight 12-23-2009 03:18 AM

We have a few townhouses in both Queensland and Woodbine we're hoping to see soon. Thanks for Pm man.

JDigital 12-23-2009 03:19 AM

Congrats on the quick home sale Brett. Good luck in your search for a new one!

GreenSpottedPuffer 12-23-2009 05:06 AM

Wow that was fast! I thought when we were talking yesterday it wasn't even on the market quite yet. I know you really didn't want to sell the place so maybe better to get it over with quickly :neutral:

I just built a new stand for my tank today and was thinking of white tile actually. Was going to start looking tomorrow but it would be small 1"x1" tiles :) Might just do a white laminate veneer if I don't find tiles I like.

What is the acrylic idea you have?

Funky_Fish14 12-23-2009 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 475086)
Chris if you just let me know which store it is I can do the grunt work =)

But the new stand needs to be white. Either white acrylic or a white tile. I think I'd prefer a marble. My last tiles I *think* were $20 ea. I'm buying fewer this time so maybe if they're more than that it's ok. Still dreaming right now.

Thanks man =)

Well, im going to have to drive by anyways to find out the name of it. :lol:

lastlight 01-02-2010 05:56 AM

If anyone's keeping track there was just a tiny 7 gallon size creep since my last brain dump. Not bad really.

Tank details as of today:
  • 36x36x18
  • 2 sides viewable in starphire (will be in corner of my new basement against both walls)
  • 2 other sides painted black
  • canopy to ceiling
  • stand and canopy part of walls, drywalled. Entire L-shaped canopy will be on heavy duty hinges to swing out in one piece
  • External overflow will be on other side of wall under stairs. Back of tank will be totally open to the space under the stairs.
  • Pair of Vortech MP40w rather than closed loop
  • wall under stairs will be insulated to keep sump and vortech dry side noise out of the tv room
  • Sump and equipment in a back room on other side of the stairs. Using my little Eheim 1250 as a return might not work?
  • lighting to be all mh for replacement economy. dual 250w phoenix in lumenmax elites arranged L to R
  • skimmer still unsure. vertex in-180, octo extreme 160, or bubble magus 160

Obviously nothing here is real and if anyone has anything to suggest, debate etc I'm all ears.

Dez 01-02-2010 06:00 AM

I think Leducreef has a Vertex 180 for sale here in Leduc for cheap. If you want it I can always get it and bring it up for you when I head to Calgary. Love the L shaped canopy swinging open!