Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Saskatchewan (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Where did everyone go?! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=123228)

fatmanonthinice 04-25-2017 10:34 PM

Where did everyone go?!

I've missed the sask reefing community...I've been out of reefing for awhile now but just getting back into it and saw that Saskreef.ca is basically shutdown. I came here expecting to see some local activity and surprised to see very little...where did you all go?! :cry:

whatcaneyedo 04-25-2017 10:53 PM

They probably migrated to a Facebook Group. There are several for a variety of BC geographic areas, I suspect your province may have done the same.

Myka 04-26-2017 01:56 AM

There are several members from SK that are on Canreef that are fairly active.

SaskReef died after Darren shut down the old one, built a new one, and didn't transfer any of the old information. All the old threads and posts are gone. I for one won't bother posting anything more on that site if it's just going to disappear.

There is a Facebook group called Saskatchewan Saltwater Aquarium Enthusiasts. You should be able to find it.

fatmanonthinice 04-26-2017 05:44 PM

whelp...that sucks...I loved going on there and reading old posts..

I'll look for the Facebook group, but I've always felt like Facebook groups aren't the best compared to a forum. Too bad really...

Myka 04-26-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatmanonthinice (Post 1013005)
whelp...that sucks...I loved going on there and reading old posts..

I'll look for the Facebook group, but I've always felt like Facebook groups aren't the best compared to a forum. Too bad really...

Yeah I don't like Facebook groups either. Info is always buried. It's the way of the world now though. :(

ReefMadness 04-27-2017 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 1013028)
Yeah I don't like Facebook groups either. Info is always buried. It's the way of the world now though. :(

isn't that the truth.
seems a little ironic that the ability to get information has never been easier yet it's so riddled with anecdotal advice that i'd gladly take a book any day of the week over the www.
none the less, i still appreciate the great in-person advice on how and why i should ditch the frag plugs i buy the corals on and how to properly dip ;)

DKoKoMan 04-27-2017 12:22 AM

Canreef is the new home :mrgreen:

Cazoom 04-27-2017 12:36 AM

saskatchewan thread

seems the sask facebook pages are 3 different pages as no one gets along ..
a Regina one a stoon one and one run out of brandon or Wpg as well..
i come on here for info way less clicky..

Thetjs 05-07-2017 02:03 PM

I don't have Facebook.

I come here.

WarDog 05-07-2017 06:04 PM

Canreef is going to be amazing, once we get the long awaited upgrade.