Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Edmonton (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Edmonton BRS order being placed at noon on January 27th (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72075)

jeno 01-26-2011 03:42 PM

BRS Group Buy or just placing one order?

Amy,

Are you running this as a group buy or are you just placing one order? It looks like you are placing one order but have you considered running it as a group buy? You get better pricing that way according to their web site.

Thanks

catshanon 01-26-2011 04:02 PM

this is going as a single order

This is being shipped to one person, so that shipping is minimal. If its a group buy, then prices are better, but shipping will be done to each individual member, which will have substantial shipping fees.

amy 01-26-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catshanon (Post 585291)
This is being shipped to one person, so that shipping is minimal. If its a group buy, then prices are better, but shipping will be done to each individual member, which will have substantial shipping fees.

Yes, exactly.

catshanon 01-26-2011 06:16 PM

BRS order

Hi Amy,
I will go with these:
Half Gallon - 1.5 Pounds Premium ROX 0.8 Aquarium Carbon 20.99
Half Gallon - 2 Pounds Bulk GFO Pellets Ferric Oxide 39.99
BRS "Mesh" Filter Sock 4" x 14" 200 Micron (w/ Draw String) 3 for 5.40 each

@Lenny:
I think you are also ordering some 2 lbs pelletized GFO. I was wondering if we can order the 4lb container of the GFO and then split it amongst ourselves. Lenny, please let me know if this is fine with you. Also, the 4lb GFO is Out of stock right now, but we can wait to see if its in stock by tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks a lot to Amy for doing this and also to Lenny for preferred pricing.
Raj

amy 01-26-2011 09:37 PM

Please use amymacquarrie@shaw.ca to send payments. If you are sending via paypal, make sure you do it under personal expenses and gift. I have no desire to pay for any Paypal fees.

Thanks
Amy

catshanon 01-26-2011 10:11 PM

total payment due ?

So Amy,
How much do I owe you with the shipping and everything ? Or should I just pay you for the cost of the products now and shipping later ?
Thanks,
Raj

ALang 01-26-2011 10:17 PM

Raj, Yes, ordering 4lbs GFO would be ok by me. We just use a bathroom scale to divide it up when it's here. So do you want to pay for it or should I??

Man, this may get complicated. But saving a couple of bucks makes sense when this hobby is so expensive!!

So Raj, how much do I owe Amy now? I do want to pay her soon:wink: or she'll order without me!:lol: Lenny.

amy 01-26-2011 10:25 PM

So just to be clear...I am adding 4lbs of the GFO and I am removing the 2lbs from each of your orders?

ALang 01-26-2011 10:33 PM

Yes for me, Amy.

catshanon 01-26-2011 11:08 PM

4lb GFO

Yeah, I am fine with the 4lb GFO, and I think Amy has already divided the cost of the GFO into 2 portions and so I owe her 27.90 for it.

@Lenny: I think its better to split up the price this way, so we don't owe each other anything.Please let me know what you think.

Raj