Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Check out my new product launch video! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91861)

ScubaSteve 11-22-2012 04:01 AM

Check out my new product launch video!

Hey guys,

I'm super excited about this and just have to share. I'm super impressed with how our new promo video just turned out. It's awesome!

CanReef isn't high-tech enough to embed video, so unfortunately you'll have to click through to the video here.

***I'm not sure about forum policies, so if you're interested head over to our fundraising campaign site to learn about what's going on***

I hope you enjoy the video!

reefwars 11-22-2012 04:09 AM

wow thats cool for sure man amazing:)

mrhasan 11-22-2012 04:13 AM

Awesome stuff :D

But it might be bad in the wrong hand! If you know what I mean :twised:

SpikeJones 11-22-2012 04:13 AM

Is this your product? if so if you need funding check out kickstarter.

lastlight 11-22-2012 04:14 AM

very cool! As soon as I saw the CNC master at work my first thought was "hey i've seen that guy cuddling a tiger before haven't i?"

do these have media that needs replacing? guessing there is GAC in them?

ScubaSteve 11-22-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpikeJones (Post 766424)
Is this your product? if so if you need funding check out kickstarter.

Actually, we're doing Indiegogo (link above) rather than Kickstarter because, to put it lightly, Kickstarter was a total f-ing nightmare. They were giving us way too much grief and jump through too many hoops to the point that we were changing ourselves just to appease them. So we made the call to ditch those retards and go with Indiegogo (basically the created crowd-funding but kickstarter surpassed them in terms of brand recognition). We spend 3 weeks trying to makes things work with KS. Indiegogo - 5 mins. Seriously.

But thank you for the suggestion. Crowd-funding has changed the face of product design. It's awesome.

ScubaSteve 11-22-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 766425)
very cool! As soon as I saw the CNC master at work my first thought was "hey i've seen that guy cuddling a tiger before haven't i?"

do these have media that needs replacing? guessing there is GAC in them?

Yup, tiger-cuddler here :razz:

Nope, no GAC here. GAC really only treats water cosmetically (taste and odor) but does nothing to make it safer. Our filter uses microporous membrane bundled (looks like plastic spaghetti) to physically remove bacteria, parasites and dirt from the water (99.99% removal), which reduces disease. Next year we'll be launching a filter that can do viruses as well.

The filter membranes don't need to be changed. As long as you backflush (the pumping action we showed), you can keep the membranes in clean working order. We've designed it to provide water daily for a family of 6 for 1 year (we guarantee it for a year but it could realistically last for a couple years if maintained). That's something on the order of 18,000 liters of water.

apexifd 11-22-2012 05:27 AM

Reef safe??

mseepman 11-22-2012 05:29 AM

Wow, what a great idea! Congrats on the promo video, I think I might need one of these myself.

ScubaSteve 11-22-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apexifd (Post 766447)
Reef safe??

You bet:wink:

Didn't you we the tank in the video?