Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Marine Fish (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Clown fish help please (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=124294)

Superomario 09-15-2017 03:47 AM

Clown fish help please

Hi I just started my saltwater aquarium recently and bought two clown fish yesterday. One small one and one big one. The bid one seems ok but isn't eating and the small one isn't eating and doesn't look ok looks like he's lost some color and looking paler than I remember I'm worried he's going to die :( is there anything I can do to make them eat? I have all this food settling to the bottom of my tank and the fish aren't eating at first I had my power head on and the food got sucked to the bottom so I turned it off and tried feeding them but they are not interested in the pellets. Is there something else that I can feed them :(

WarDog 09-15-2017 04:24 AM

Can you give more details on the tank? How recent, fish only, temp, test results etc?

.... also, remove any uneaten food, cause that's just going to cause trouble.

DKoKoMan 09-15-2017 09:03 AM

Maybe try feeding some frozen mysis and see if they take a liking to it. Sometimes fish take a while to warm up to pellets. My mated pair eat everything now, as mentioned above if they are new to the tank they may need to settle in. More details on your setup will help.

Superomario 09-15-2017 02:42 PM

Well its a 55 gallon tank these are my first fish they have been in the tank since the day before yesterday. I checked the water parameters and everything was ok but the ammonia seems to be around.25-.50 so ill go get some prime after work to try and balance that out but I am just worried the fish will not eat and starve. I don't know if they are familiar with the pellet food and maybe that's why they aren't eating it. Could the power head also be too strong for the little guy? Also should I turn off all my filters and power head when feeding do you think that could make a difference?

Edit:

Also they are the only fish in the tank at this time. Temp is about 25 degrees.

mike31154 09-15-2017 04:58 PM

Ammonia!!?? Have you even cycled the tank? If not you need to get those fish out of the tank or they're likely goners.

DKoKoMan 09-15-2017 05:39 PM

Definitely want to remove them if possible as you should have "0" ammonia for the tank to be officially cycled. Ammonia (even low amounts) kill fish :sad:

Superomario 09-15-2017 06:19 PM

I did cycle the tank and took a water sample back to the fish store they said wait a week if the snails live I can throw the fish in so I did and now the ammonia seems to have jumped up. I waited about 5 weeks before I put the fish in the tank so I'm not sure what I did wron :(

jhj0112 09-15-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superomario (Post 1018422)
I did cycle the tank and took a water sample back to the fish store they said wait a week if the snails love I can throw the fish in so I did and now the ammonia seems to have jumped up. I waited about 5 weeks before I put the fish in the tank so I'm not sure what I did wron :(

Have you got the good test kit?? you should invest on the test kit like salifert, red sea... it is important to have one....

Superomario 09-15-2017 06:30 PM

I do have a test kit I bought what they told me at the fish store.

Superomario 09-15-2017 06:46 PM

I'll check out what brand of kit I have and post later.