Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Alberta (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Calgary meetup??? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=128828)

Richard_Dicosimo 09-10-2019 07:23 PM

Calgary meetup???

MEETUP IN CALGARY??? Frag tanks and swaps and raffles? Stuff for sale? Garage sale?
I don't know about you guys but facebook is bumming me out with all these rules of things we aren't allowed to post or sell..

I have a warehouse near chinook center in Calgary. I am gauging interest and will post this post in a few groups. What does everyone think? Would you be interested?

We could do a ticket fee and we could buy an expensive item and frag it up between everyone who shows up. Or we could do just a buy in for anyone interested in getting in on a frag.
I know saltwater clubs in the states do this and it's a big hit.
We could do a raffle for something that everyone wants like a frag or piece of gear.

Skimmer Juice 09-10-2019 08:09 PM

I would %100 show up , maybe bring some cool frags to trade

Richard_Dicosimo 09-10-2019 08:36 PM

Anything you would be interested in having go on there? Like a group buy for frags or anything? When do you think would work for most ppl? I was thinking Nov or maybe Jan or Feb

DKoKoMan 09-11-2019 06:00 AM

I work shift work, however if you are able to set this up I would consider driving down to Calgary :mrgreen:

Richard_Dicosimo 09-17-2019 02:47 PM

This event will be on November 9 2019.
Everyone is welcome to join us. I'm in the works of getting us some vendors.

The "Calgary Reef Meet and Frag Swap" group has been created on facebook.

The event will be held at 7012 Fisher Rd SE, Calgary. Conveniently located near Chinook Center.

Tell your reefing friends. The more people that show up the better this event will be!!!

Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

If you have any requests as to things you would like to see at this event please let me know and I will try my best to incorporate any ideas.

Sarabelam 09-18-2019 08:28 PM

I just made a Canreef account to reply to this. I am just starting my first reef tank and would love to meet some other reefers in Calgary

Richard_Dicosimo 09-18-2019 11:05 PM

It will be fantastic to meet you :)

bauder1986 09-19-2019 06:39 PM

Following since I hope to have a tank cycled by then

Richard_Dicosimo 10-22-2019 04:51 PM

We are 2.5 weeks away from the reef meet up. I hope everyone is excited. Sounds like we are going to have a good turn out. Should be lots of coral frags to check out, some clean up crew and even a little bit of gear!

Bri-Guy 10-26-2019 01:59 AM

I'm just getting started with my tank, won't be cycled yet, so not ready to add anything but will be great to get to meet local, experienced reefers and make connections.