Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Vancouver Island (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   VI frag swap (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66213)

Gee 07-08-2010 10:58 PM

VI frag swap

I had so much fun at the frag swap at Anthony's that I think we should do one here on the island. Maybe tentatively for the weekend after labor day weekend in Sept? I have plenty of room to host.

Thoughts?

Lance 07-08-2010 11:38 PM

I'd be interested. Looking to buy some SPS to replace those I lost. I have some Toadstools & Kenya Trees to give away to whoever wants them. Things grow like weeds.

christyf5 07-09-2010 12:55 AM

Sounds good, I might even have something to frag by then :wink:

Lance 07-09-2010 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 533239)
Sounds good, I might even have something to frag by then :wink:

Christy, did that bright yellow frag I gave you catch on?

christyf5 07-09-2010 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 533241)
Christy, did that bright yellow frag I gave you catch on?

Sadly no, it croaked. I don't think Darrens made it either :(

Lance 07-09-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 533242)
Sadly no, it croaked. I don't think Darrens made it either :(

Bummer! I was hoping someone's was growing, as mine is not looking too good after the fan incident.

christyf5 07-09-2010 01:04 AM

Aww nuts. That was an awesome piece too. Did you send some off to Marie? Maybe you should, she'll have frags for all of us by September :razz:

Lance 07-09-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 533246)
Aww nuts. That was an awesome piece too. Did you send some off to Marie? Maybe you should, she'll have frags for all of us by September :razz:

I can't remember if she took one. I hope so. I know she took a piece of that rainbow Stylo. I lost that one too. :sad:

SeaHorse_Fanatic 07-09-2010 02:04 AM

Once you set a date, I'll see if I can arrange a group from over on the LM to come to your event (reciprocating your efforts to come to ours:wink:)

Actually, I've been to at least a couple of VI reefer get togethers over the years & they've always been lots of fun. I would encourage anyone who can make it to do so.

I can probably bring a cooler of frags & if VI/Powll River reefers let me know ahead of time, I can also bring some supplies from the LFS if desired.

Anthony

Lance 07-09-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 533270)
Once you set a date, I'll see if I can arrange a group from over on the LM to come to your event (reciprocating your efforts to come to ours:wink:)

Actually, I've been to at least a couple of VI reefer get togethers over the years & they've always been lots of fun. I would encourage anyone who can make it to do so.

I can probably bring a cooler of frags & if VI/Powll River reefers let me know ahead of time, I can also bring some supplies from the LFS if desired.

Anthony

Excellent Anthony! :biggrin: