Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Q&A (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Bugs report (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2748)

titus 10-08-2002 03:51 AM

Bugs report

Hello,

Since the server migration and board software changes, there have been quite a few bugs coming up. All users and messages have been transferred succesfully over though. So no worries on that one I guess.

A few things we found are:
1) removal of Avatars
Please re-set them in your profile
2) incorrect time
Fxed but there's still half an hour of time difference due to server's setting
3) change of displayed names
The new board doesn't allow seaparate login and handle and I've changed a few names already. If you want to have yours change to the way it was on the old UBB board, send me an e-mail.
4) incorrect URL with bad handshakes when changing password
An incorrect server port was set but it's fixed now. At least I guess so.
5) chat doesn't work properly
Will look into that.

If there are additional troubles or problems, please post them here. I promise I'll try to fix the problems as soon as I can. As of right now, I've been up a few nights to work on this board and another new board during off peak hours, missing meals, and not revising on my thesis (yes my supervisor finally sent me his comments and looks like I'll be defending this November, well... that is if I revise the thing), so I'd like to take some a few days off to concentrate on the other stuff. As far as I know, there are no users unable to register, post, or reply. But if there are any problems impeding anyone from carrying out normal forum activities, please e-mail me and I'll fix it asap.

Titus

EmilyB 10-08-2002 05:22 AM

Quote:

5) chat doesn't work properly
Will look into that.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

titus 10-10-2002 12:51 PM

Hello,

Fixed.

Titus

AJ_77 12-28-2002 06:01 PM

Login window is halfway down the page (need to scroll to get to it). Anyone else have this problem??

Alan

AJ_77 01-02-2003 09:35 PM

Only me then???

:?

BC_Grl 04-15-2003 08:58 PM

No, I have that problem too. Just didn't think to mention it- except to curse when have to scroll down to sign in :confused:

christyf5 04-15-2003 09:08 PM

We all have that problem. Thats why we created #canreef on Xnet.

C:)

BC_Grl 04-15-2003 09:29 PM

sorry I misread it.
You even have to scroll down to log-in for PMs etc. I wasn't thinking of chat room log-in, but other log-in pages. Blonde moment.

Delphinus 04-15-2003 09:29 PM

What's your screen resolution or how big do you have your window?

I never log out so I never had this problem. However I just tried logging out and back in, and I noticed that the login screen is at the bottom of my browser window. But I didn't have to scroll down. Maybe that's because I'm viewing at 1280x1024? I don't know.

Anyways, food for thought. Maybe we need to try logging at at lower resolutions to notice this. What's a common frame buffer footprint these days?

AJ_77 04-15-2003 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphinus
What's a common frame buffer footprint these days?

:question:

Should I know what a "frame buffer footprint" is?? You programmers... Typical screen resolution these days is 1024 by 768, though, if that's close to an answer.