Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Panasonic PC bulbs, very impressed! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15177)

Vagabond 03-31-2005 10:47 PM

Panasonic PC bulbs, very impressed!

I received my two PC replacement bulbs for my Aqualight (1 - 96W 10K, 1 - 96W Actinic) from OA yesterday. Boy what a difference in brightness compared to the Coralife bulbs the unit came with :eek:.

The Actinic has a much more purple/blue than the blue of the Coralife actinic which really makes the coraline, zoos, and moon coral fluoresce nicely.

Lets hope my corals enjoy the new bulbs as much as I do :biggrin:

Bob I 04-01-2005 12:20 AM

How old were the Coralife bulbs when you replaced them :question: The reason I ask is because I had the same fixture, and when I replaced the bulbs they were six months old, and had lost half their output. :mad:

Vagabond 04-01-2005 01:41 AM

Bob

My bulbs were actually 9 months old and as with yours, they definately lost alot of their output quite quickly. That being said, I would still put the brightness of the new panasonics over new coralife bulbs in a heartbeat.

I will monitor over time see how longevity and brightness compare to the old bulbs, but very happy out of the gate.

I would like to try a set from Hello lights as well, as I have read very good things about their lamps, however, with their no shipping to outside the continental US policy :mad: getting them here is a clusterf*@#.

Doug 04-01-2005 01:33 PM

I have been using the 55w Panasonic,s for years, over my turf scrubber. I run the 67K but run them until they expire, as the spectrum is not as important as for corals. I have at least two years on my current set.

danny zubot 04-01-2005 02:45 PM

Hey Scott, where did you get them and how much? I'll need new PC bulbs soon and they sound cool.

muck 04-01-2005 02:46 PM

Re: reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny zubot
Hey Scott, where did you get them and how much? I'll need new PC bulbs soon and they sound cool.

Read the first post again Danny... :razz: :lol:

Vagabond 04-01-2005 07:30 PM

Danny,

I got them from Ocean Aquatics. The total cost of the 2 bulbs including GST and shipping via DHL was $110.00.

BTW Wendell did a great job of packing them for shipping. You could have played soccer with the box for an hour and still probably not have broken a bulb :biggrin:

I don't have a dig camera or I would post a pic for you :rolleyes:, but your welcome to drop by anytime and see how they look.

danny zubot 04-01-2005 08:16 PM

Cool, $110.00 is about the same price for the coralife bulbs. might as well try the Panasonics then.

Ryan 04-01-2005 10:58 PM

Do you have pictures so we can compare. I am looking for mew PC bulbs and if these are better than CL i would like to buy them instead.

Beermaster 04-01-2005 11:37 PM

Ryan, read then post lol

Quote:

don't have a dig camera or I would post a pic for you ,