Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FRUSTRATION (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81615)

howdy20012002 01-02-2012 03:30 AM

FRUSTRATION

I have to vent.
I have pm'd 4 different people in the last 2 days and NO one has replied despite being online consistently throughout the same time period.
It is FRUSTRATING to say the least that people don't have the common decency to reply.
just had to get it off my chest.
Heres a thought, if you are going to try to sell things, it makes it alot easier if you reply to the people trying to buy them.

Neal

paddyob 01-02-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howdy20012002 (Post 666795)
I have to vent.
I have pm'd 4 different people in the last 2 days and NO one has replied despite being online consistently throughout the same time period.
It is FRUSTRATING to say the least that people don't have the common decency to reply.
just had to get it off my chest.
if you are going to try to sell things, it makes it alot easier to actually do it if you reply to the people trying to buy them.
just a thought.
Neal

It is the holidays.

I myself am guilty if not replying fast enough for some people, but hey, this is a hobby for most and not a job.

I feel yah though. Hard to wait sometimes.

It's actually worse when you get pmd to sell something and then they reply to say they want it and never have the decency to show or reply that they changed their minds. It's ok to change a decision, but don't be a clown.

I jack the price the next time they reply. Joking. Blacklisted and I dont reply to their next pm. No time for it or them.

howdy20012002 01-02-2012 03:46 AM

i realize it is the holidays, but when you see things selling to other people and no response to you, it does get frustrating.
I agree totally about follow thru as well.
I am always amazed how often people just don't show up.
not just for fish stuff but for other things as well.
I guess one's word means nothing anymore.

Myka 01-02-2012 03:54 AM

I have about 20 PMs that are sitting there that I haven't replied to. They aren't replies to my sales ads though...I pay attention to those! :lol:

The Grizz 01-02-2012 03:57 AM

The whole " it's the holidays " thing is crap! If you post something for sale answer your damn messags!

Yes this tick's me off as well.

If the item has been sold or pending to someone who PM'ed first have the curtesy to reply saying so.

I also hate when someone you don't know PM's you with a question, you reply promptly with an answer & they don't have the common curtesy to reply with so much as a thank you.

paddyob 01-02-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 666816)
The whole " it's the holidays " thing is crap! If you post something for sale answer your damn messags!

If the item has been sold or pending to someone who PM'ed first have the curtesy to reply saying so.

I also hate when someone you don't know PM's you with a question, you reply promptly with an answer & they don't have the common curtesy to reply with so much as a thank you.

I agree...with most you stated. And Not defending anyone in question, but as for holidays... Family before Canreef. At least to most people.

I'm sure some people have nothing better to do than sit here staring at the screen but sayin something like that is absurd. No offense meant. Holidays do mean something to a lot of people. I guess the bloopers on the individuals part is posting before the holidays.

Im sure most people glitch once in a while.

Really it just comes down to courtesy. That's it.

Seems lacking all around in here these days.

Parker 01-02-2012 04:28 AM

Huh, interesting.

Nano 01-02-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 666816)

I always say thanks ;) cause I have so many questions hahahaha

Aquattro 01-02-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddyob (Post 666823)
Seems lacking all around in here these days.

You need to get out more :) It's pretty much lacking in most of society!! :razz:

howdy20012002 01-02-2012 04:49 AM

I realized I have insulted people- that wasn't my intention...I worked till 6 this morning driving drunks around edmonton in a limo and am a bit tired. I apologize for any offense.
Just to clarify,
I realize that people are busy and I realize that they aren't going to answer my pms in a timely manner at all times.
what gets me going is the people that dont' have the time to answer my pms even they have time to reply to other people, sell stuff and update the thread..
if it is sold, let me know that I wont' bother you...
I just find it rude and frustrating to not get any reply at all at the same time other people are receiving pms.
I will take the foot out of my mouth and shut up.

Happy New Year.
Neal

oh btw, I agree totally that common courtesy ain't so common anymore.